LS50 Meta recommend stand height

Hi there

In the user manual for the LS50 Metas, Kef recommends stands at a height of 25 to 30 inches.  

I recall that for the LS50s, Kef recommend a height of 18 to 24 inches. 

Does anyone know the reason behind this change.  Perhaps the Metas are designed to be listened to on axis and the LS50s off axis?

I'm tossing up between 24 and 29 inch stands.  24 is more in line when reclined, 29 when sitting up straight.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Edited by mysterybear

Thanks Warweary! I guess my main concern is around the effect (if any) of floor reinforcement on bass having them lower down.

Purchased based on reviews and in store demo, but I'm still concerned about how they'll perform in my open plan living room (9m x 4.4m) despite the assurances of the salesperson...

Whatever height you get, do also consider adding Isoacoustics stands or pucks. They make a difference and the pro audio versions are as good as the more expensive consumer ones...

• 3 months later...

The height isn't really important because you can tilt them backwards. Since it's a concentric driver unit you just want it to point at your ear height. The only thing that changes is the sound stage height and that's a personal thing. Some like to listen down, some like to listen as if they were in the mosh pit.