The Beatles....'Revolver'.

G'day all, as a bit of an antidote to these crazy times, I've been listening to a couple of my lesser heard albums of late and this morning it was an old mono vinyl copy of the Beatles 1966 'Revolver' album I have.  I particularly like the mono mix of this album because most of the tracks are mixed somewhat differently to the standard stereo issue. 

Certainly  it was a 'transitional' album with interesting new sounds from The Beatles, showing the mark of the 'acid' experience, especially on John Lennon's songwriting.  A pretty good album actually.  Regards, Felix.     

• Like 4

4 hours ago, catman said:

G'day all, as a bit of an antidote to these crazy times, I've been listening to a couple of my lesser heard albums of late and this morning it was an old mono vinyl copy of the Beatles 1966 'Revolver' album I have.  I particularly like the mono mix of this album because most of the tracks are mixed somewhat differently to the standard stereo issue. 

Certainly  it was a 'transitional' album with interesting new sounds from The Beatles, showing the mark of the 'acid' experience, especially on John Lennon's songwriting.  A pretty good album actually.  Regards, Felix.     

I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles.

Me! I'm for every chasing new stuff.

But l admire and respect what they have bought to the table.

I have the Anthology Cds, which l bought when they first came out. But l think I've played them twice.

But if l was to purchase a record. The White Album does it for me.

Rubber Soul and Revolver were the peak of the Beatles pop era.

From then on they moved into their masterpiece albums - Sgt Peppers, The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour and Abbey Road which were all richly produced studio/ George Martin enhanced albums coinciding with the band ceasing live performances.

5 minutes ago, warweary said:

found myself tearing up during John Lennon's "Oh Yoko!".

No offence meant, but "Oh Yoko" is quite possibly the worst song Lennon ever recorded.