SOLD: FS: Monitor Audio Gold GX50 Bookshelf Speakers (Dark Walnut)

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent (no obvious wear, one small indentation on top of one cabinet)
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Clifton Hill
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Have upsized to floorstanders to match larger room.

Further information:  Reluctantly selling these speakers after many years of satisfying listening in a dedicated two-channel stereo set-up.  Over that period, the  speakers have been driven principally by a Rega Brio-R amp, using a Rega Planar 3 and iMac/Rega DAC as sources.  I purchased these beauties from Carlton Audio Visual in ~2013 and paid $1800 at the time (RRP was close to $2000 from memory).  They are still in excellent condition with very limited evidence of use except for a small indendation at the top of one cabinet (see photos).  Otherwise no obvious scuff marks.  The dark walnut finish is very classy and would suit many listening environments.  As you would expect, the speakers are fully broken in and the speakers perform exactly as intended without audible error.  I will particularly miss the the ribbon tweeters, which produce beautiful sparkling highs.  See detailed product specs here. https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/gold-gx/gx50/.   They come with the original speaker grilles and the hard copy owners manual.  I also have compatible generic stands, which I am willing to sell to interested buyers (not included in the asking price).
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG-1404.jpg

IMG-1406.jpg

IMG-1409.jpg

IMG-1410.jpg

IMG-1412.jpg

IMG-1413.jpg

IMG-1414.jpg

IMG-1415.jpg

IMG-1416.jpg

IMG-1417.jpg

IMG-1418.jpg

IMG-1419.jpg

IMG-1421.jpg

IMG-1420.jpg

IMG-1421.jpg

IMG-1422.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Buddyev.  Stand height is 560mm from bottom of base plate to top of top plate.  Using with the supplied carpet spikes will add 5-10mm. Top plate is 175 mm deep, 160mm wide.

35 minutes ago, cmill said:

Hi Buddyev.  Stand height is 560mm from bottom of base plate to top of top plate.  Using with the supplied carpet spikes will add 5-10mm. Top plate is 175 mm deep, 160mm wide.

Thanks - it’s a bit too small for me.