FS: Garrard 401 Turntable - on original SME timber plinth, with SME 3009 Series 2 Tonearm (PRICE REDUCTION)

Item Condition: GOOD (see photos)
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: ELANORA HEIGHTS
State: NSW
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, or PayPal
Reason for selling: Funding new purchase

Further information:

Several SNA forum members have kindly informed me that this is one of the early "flush strobe" 401's, with a stronger die-cast chassis (as opposed to the later, pressed ones). 

Thanks to all of the guys that have unconditionally offered me some great advice, gained through a shared passion and many years of experience.

I've put as many photos as I could into a folder on Google Drive (link is below).

• Condition as per photos. Some marks to the plinth 
  • Comes with its' original Garrard instruction manual
  • Video shows playing at 33rpm
  • Mat now broken, as it was brittle and it snapped when I removed it
  • SME tonearm comes with original manuals, template manual, and warranty card (serial number 62527). Marks in the earlier photos are just general grubbiness, and came off with a light rub with ISO-propyl alcohol
  • Shure cartridge (M95ED) fitted to SME headshell
  • Been in (dry and cool) storage for 15 years.
  • LINK TO GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jhfAc5wyx0iUfI-R3VbbI5ThFwyYxwUC?usp=sharing 

Additional to the above, I'm including all of the following:

• Extra SME headshell with Shure M95ED cartridge 
  • Lightweight headshell with MA 2002-e cartridge (no stylus), with original Micro-Acoustics manual
  • Shure M91ED cartridge
  • Shure M75E Type 2 cartridge

Photos:

Plenty of photos in the Google Drive link. Here's a few to whet the appetite... (attached)

GARRARD 2.jpg

20210221_175222.jpg

20210221_175139.jpg

20210221_175201.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I'm surprised that this hasn't been picked up, and the price reductions make it extremely attractive.

GLWTS.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

I'm surprised that this hasn't been picked up, and the price reductions make it extremely attractive.

GLWTS.

Me too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petng said:

Worlds gone mad!!! How can this be unsold!!!!

Look like we all have covid brain .???

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By barbz127
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Pullenvale State: QLD Payment Method: EFT/Paypal Reason for selling: Too many cables Further information:
       Selling an Aurealis Audio 26 AWG Copper Litz Headphone cable

1.7m long terminated with a neutrik 4 pin xlr and rean 4 pin mini xlr to suit audeze/zmf/meze empyrean.

Black sleeving and black heatshrink splitter.

Also comes with a 15cm pigtail to re-terminate the cable into 6.35mm.

Shipping is included in the price

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Mr Thorens
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Ridgehaven State: SA Payment Method: Cash EFT Reason for selling: Too large for my spare room Further information:
      Mid 1980s vintage Goodmans 3 way bass reflex speakers with horn tweeters. Goodmans was a UK maker of high quality speakers similar to Wharfedale. Excellent working condition. Dimensions 69cm(h) x 36cm (w) x 32cm (d). 

Photos:

• By Smp
      Item Condition: Excellent, as new - no scratches or other blemishes Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Pick up - cash, bank transfer Reason for selling: Purchased for alternative electrostatic system which simply never got used Further information: Original purchaser of these great electrostatics. Original transport cartons and all internal packaging is available along with manuals. Only switched on occasionally for a short listen and to charge their panels otherwise they stand in my listening room, covered in their ML transport covers. Their panels are also vacuumed regularly. Only 190 to 200 hours on them at the most - they are essentially in new condition. RRP at time of purchase was $22,500.

Photos:

• By Richo
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: werribee south State: VIC Payment Method: Cash or EFT Reason for selling: I feel like it Further information: Luxmans top Integrated purchased last month from Class A audio as a display unit 
      The unit is in very good condition with the exception of a few very minor marks on the top as shown in the pics (they are very small and were on the unit when i bought it )
      Local pickup preferred comes with original cartons

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By MrMojo
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunbury State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Note: G55 has been sold now. 

I bought these units with a plan to set up a high quality home theater. But we live in a smallish house and there is no dedicated media room or space, so the plan eventually didn't quite work out. I have to be content with just 2 channel stereo for now.

In great full working condition and comes with their original Meridian factory packaging. Well regarded Meridian quality with amazingly smooth and musical sound.

Note that the G68 is the 'SL' version with full balanced analog and Speaker Link digital outputs. This unit was later generation of the G68 receivers that had better and improved digital clocking etc. Also this can be used with newer Meridian speakers with SpeakerLink inputs. Some say this is as good as the 861 V4 with respect to the sound quality.

Personal pick up is welcome. I have the original packaging, so I can safely pack for shipping but shipping will have to be booked and arranged by the buyer. 

Cheers.

Photos:

PLEASE READ