FS Croft 25R preamplifier with upgraded RS linestage

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Reservoir
State: VIC
Payment Method: bank transfer , cash on collection
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Further information:

Ok guys so up next for sale is the wonderful Croft 25R with upgraded RS linestage. grab a bargain while you can as one of these will cost you £1400/$2500 new from Glenn 

It was originally bought by my friend Roger brand new from divine audio UK. He then sent it off to Glenn Croft for the RS upgrade to the line stage so it now takes a 12bh7a valve instead of ecc83  . 

I’ve had it now for around 2 years and it has been flawless . It really does offer huge bang for buck for its price . I’m only moving it on due to an upgrade . 

These respond very well to valve rolling and  I’ve had great success with 50s/60s RCA 12bh7a on the inputs . For me nothing gets close to them in this amp. It currently has a vintage Sylvania yellow label 12bh7a on the input , and a mullard 85A2 with stock JJ ECC83 on the regulation stage . I found that having Genelex golden lion ecc83 on the regulation instead of the stock JJ added more finesse ,grip and focus . Theyre a real good quality modern day valve that can be bought cheap and makes a really nice difference so worth doing by the new owner .alternatively any good quality low noise NOS valve would work well in the regulation stage if you have some . 

I do have a very low hours 1962 RCA 12bh7a that I can include for a good price and it’s well worth it in my opinion. More holographic , more finesse , more details, quieter , not too warm and cuddly and a nice touch of richness . 

Im offering this at over $1000 off new price , plus postage from Melbourne via a carrier of your choice. If exporting I use UPS express which will likely add up to another £100/$180 to the bill depending on location . It usually takes around 5 days or so to the UK from here,  sometimes a bit less .They will be fully insured for peace of mind. As soon as funds reach my bank I will book a collection. 

Roger kindly provided me with the receipt so we can prove its originally from the UK and VAT has been paid on them already so it should be exempt from any fees if heading back that way 

cheers 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

CCA3BC6F-586E-4FAA-AA81-5F1F4C7D88E3.jpeg

248B5E68-B0BE-46B3-AB7F-02D3319BAE7A.png

D5795712-9C08-4049-9951-54EF3DBB96C0.jpeg

Edited by bigbird_UK
  • Like 3