Hi. I would like to edit my classified ad. I'm selling my speakers and I would like to lower the asking price but I cannot find any way to edit the content. I'm not all that tech savvy. Can someone help?

@Food Food Bubba Open up your ad, you'll see 3 dots on the top bar, place your cursor there and click on EDIT.  hope this helps

Having placed many ads I have a burning question too:

HOW DO YOU GET THE MAIN HEADING TEXT IN BOLD? I have never succeeded!

Thanks

3 hours ago, doogie44 said:

Having placed many ads I have a burning question too:

HOW DO YOU GET THE MAIN HEADING TEXT IN BOLD? I have never succeeded!

Thanks

Yes I have the same problem with Headings only-not the main copy --thats fine--

I asked here , but never got a reply no-one seems to know an Answer.

My Classifieds seem to get lost in the swim:(

Willco

• Administrators

You can't change the formatting of your ad headline. BOLD posts are just those not read yet.

Hallo Marc,

What I am pointing out is that right now the FS: Item list in the Classifieds is nearly all in bold--and most have been viewed many times.

When I put up an ad it never goes bold, even for a moment. Regardless on my attempts at formatting.

Over to you. But don't stress, I'm not crying myself to sleep; just curious.

Regards,

David

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, doogie44 said:

What I am pointing out is that right now the FS: Item list in the Classifieds is nearly all in bold--and most have been viewed many times.

That's because you have not viewed those items yet.

17 minutes ago, doogie44 said:

When I put up an ad it never goes bold, even for a moment. Regardless on my attempts at formatting.

That's because they are your posts. They don't need to be bold. :)

It is working exactly as intended.

OK, thanks. At least you understand this...but I consistently failed many subjects in my early years because I overthought them. This must be another one!

After I do read the posts (any) the headings stay bold in my feed. Is this also normal?

D.

Grateful to the Admin to chime in here--be great to get this "fixed

When I type a Classified--and I preview it before posting --yes the heading is BOLD on my screen--fine

but when it appears in the Listing it is in L/Case--even after views--it stays in L/Case forever 

All I'd like is for it to appear in BOLD like the others around it upon the Listening being approved.

Am I to understand that the Poster of the Advert will not will not see his/her heading  in BOLD 

but other viewers will on the Listing?

That's because they are your posts. They don't need to be bold:)

Anyway this is an example of what I mean--

Thanking  you

Willco

Headings.jpg.122c43b77fb8a122cd2f413603ed5c24.jpg

Edited by Willco
Spellcheck?
22 minutes ago, Willco said:

Grateful to the Admin to chime in here--be great to get this "fixed

When I type a Classified--and I preview it before posting --yes the heading is BOLD on my screen--fine

but when it appears in the Listing it is in L/Case--even after views--it stays in L/Case forever 

All I'd like is for it to appear in BOLD like the others around it upon the Listening being approved.

Am I to understand that the Poster of the Advert will not will not see his/her heading  in BOLD 

but other viewers will on the Listing?

That's because they are your posts. They don't need to be bold:)

Anyway this is an example of what I mean--

Thanking  you

Willco

Headings.jpg.122c43b77fb8a122cd2f413603ed5c24.jpg

A topic goes from bold to not-bold, to indicate that you've read it.

In your screenshot, if you click on the Ella Fitzgerald ad, it will no longer appear as bold.

If I look at the same 3 ads (none of which I've read) they are all in bold (because I've not read any of them)

907024694_ScreenShot2021-03-28at10_18_47pm.png.00e29d2c6e12a0d6c561e5f884ee3daa.png

• Like 1

Unfortunately I have never seen a topic go unbolded after reading. Just checked again.

Sorry to diverge for a moment I am attempting to  Repost and Edit my add  which has Expired . When I press the three dots on the toolbar only Share and Repost appears and not Edit . Can someone tell me  if I am doing something wrong .   Thank You

12 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

A topic goes from bold to not-bold, to indicate that you've read it.

In your screenshot, if you click on the Ella Fitzgerald ad, it will no longer appear as bold.

If I look at the same 3 ads (none of which I've read) they are all in bold (because I've not read any of them)

907024694_ScreenShot2021-03-28at10_18_47pm.png.00e29d2c6e12a0d6c561e5f884ee3daa.png

Hmmm, Thank you Sir Zinger, I shall observe carefully as you ask when I next place to the Classifieds 

and trust all should  be as you deem.

Willco

• Like 1

13 hours ago, doogie44 said:

Unfortunately I have never seen a topic go unbolded after reading. Just checked again.

I believe if you view an ad then use the back button on your browser to go back to the list of ads, the ad title will remain bold. At least, that’s what happens for me on iPad and iPhone. If I refresh the page, the ads I’ve viewed become unbolded.

• Administrators

The 'Back' button, should be removed from browsers as I have commented on previously in other threads. It's a hang-over from old, static based webpage design IMO. Good sites should have dynamic navigation with breadcrumb type menus so you can easily go where you need to go. 

My bank actually logs me out if I use the Back button.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Marc said:

The 'Back' button, should be removed from browsers as I have commented on previously in other threads. It's a hang-over from old, static based webpage design IMO. Good sites should have dynamic navigation with breadcrumb type menus so you can easily go where you need to go. 

My bank actually logs me out if I use the Back button.

That's a sentiment that assumes that all designers would put their navigation info somewhere consistent, which is almost totally not the case. So, rather than having to search each site for (possibly non-existent) navigation areas, it's much easier for anyone to just right click on the 'back' button and choose where to go to. If this site was secured (like a bank) then I'd expect the back button to generate some form of re-authentication (like most banks do).

This site is built nicely and I've got no issue with it at all.

Regards,

Dinosaur (aka CE)

P.S. I've been in IT since '81 and still think browsers crap all over mobile devices...?

• Like 1