SOLD: MAKE ME AN OFFER. Cambridge Audio Solo MM phono preamp ( a set of my Van Damme phono cables included )

SOLD
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Beautiful Brissy
State: QLD
Payment Method: Bank transfer, PayPal, cash, beer, wine
Reason for selling: Cos I can. Nlr

Further information:  I bought this about 3 months ago from Frank Prowse Hifi.  Great MM phono preamp. Great starter pre.  Will kill most of the beginner phonos on the market.  Original box and with everything it came with   (  I’ll throw in a set of my Van Damme phono cables )   RR $349

Whether you’re dusting off your record collection or embracing analogue through the vinyl revival, there’s a unique experience to be had from the moment you drop the needle on your favourite album. To preserve the unique warmth of the vinyl sound, the Solo phono preamplifier has been carefully designed with a state-of-the-art switch mode power supply and a new surface mounted circuit board layout to reduce unwanted noise.

Due to the low-level signals created by a turntable, not all hi-fi amplifiers will let you connect directly to a record player. The phono preamplifier boosts this signal to something a power amplifier can work with. The challenge at this stage though is that noise can easily be added.

This is why we’ve designed the Solo around exceptional components that deliver the warm and detailed sound that’s synonymous with vinyl, all without distorting the signal from your moving magnet cartridge. The switch mode power supply improves performance by switching outside of audible frequency to drastically reduce hum and new circuit board layout uses surface-mount components to reduce noise.

If some records in your collection are a little worse for wear, the subsonic filter will help to eliminate low frequency rumbles that can be caused by imperfections within your vinyl. Combine this with the balance control for handling potential cartridge imbalances in your record player (that can cause a difference between the left and right channels) and the result is a detailed experience with accurate soundstage.

The Solo phono preamplifier is green at heart with less than half a watt standby power consumption and auto power down feature if the unit isn’t used after a 20 minute period. This in turn gives the unit the same worldwide voltage for compatibility wherever you are in the world.

MAX POWER CONSUMPTION
10W
GAIN @ 1KHZ
39dB
NOMINAL OUTPUT
300mV
SENSITIVITY FOR NOMINAL OUTPUT
3.35mV
EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE (A-WEIGHTED)
~0.09uV
RIAA CURVE ACCURACY
+/- 0.65dB 30Hz-20kHz
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO GROUNDED INPUTS REF. 1V OUTPUT (20HZ-20KHZ BW)
>90dB
THD+N 1KHZ (20-20KHZ BW)
<0.0025%
INPUT IMPEDANCE
47k Ohm
INPUT CAPACITANCE
100pF
OVERLOAD MARGIN
>30dB
CROSSTALK @10KHZ
>85dB
DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
48x176x132 (1.9×6.9×5.2”)
WEIGHT
0.68kg/1.5lbs

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

015730E6-1155-4B8F-AF8C-3296401813A2.jpeg

154EB5C3-0A99-45C9-8DC3-5393558DCF04.jpeg

1B625883-943D-4762-8A19-1F6BBF402ABC.jpeg

D3D6D5F6-64E7-4DAE-A7E1-7E8C2BF9C926.jpeg

8832040A-BB41-418C-A45B-65A05D0B4E14.jpeg

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crystara said:

What are you using now connected to the Concept for records mate ?

A pho 700.    But about to have a major upgrade to everything   ?

Edited by Bill125812