Common courtesy often absent from SNA

8 minutes ago, Eggmeister said:

a bit harsh

Errrrr.

I thought it was obvious I was joking. @Eggmeister and @buddyev

Please let me know if I should delete this ( and am happy to do so) but I thought this was just banter like many of the other posts in this thread.

Edited by rantan

It was obvious.
Ignore the eggman’s foolish sensitivities. He’s hanging by a thread and should have been banned long ago.

though I am a little touched that he leapt to my defence.

Edited by buddyev
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wolster said:

Dave. More an observation.

I see what you did there  ?

Yeah.... I know.... and just to reiterate I think your observations are sadly spot on.

Tsk.   Kids these days.  But... that being said.   Get yer elbows up, I reckon;

• Like 1

What we need is a truth in posting option.

It would be called: What's actually been said or better known by it's acronym WABS

I'm sure it could be incorporated into the site with ease.

For instance;  Directional indicators on IC's and power cables while they look interesting stamped on the cables I think it's a subjective thing. (press WAPS button) "Your a dead set muppet if you think 240v needs to know which way to go or cares. Music comes to you backward if you put your IC's in with the arrows pointed the wrong way...you believe that then you believe in(enter whatever)

Squashballs under gear are great isolators and certainly beat Ceraballs or Gaii 11's. Press WAP button. Your idiots for paying that much! My squash balls come in packs of 8 for 2 bucks on FleaBay.

Some nice reds on display there at your GTG. WAP button. Lol, look at the Dan Murphy bargain bin bottles you tight arses.

Hi! Long time lurker but I thought I'd join in in this great community. WAP button.  I need to sell some stuff then you'll never hear from me again.

Well said  Fred !!!

I couldn't agree more. WAP button. Your a muppet. Couldn't disagree more.

Marc's a top bloke. WAP button. Marc's a top bloke.  (Names Billy not silly)

Edited by Luc

• Administrator

You guys have no idea. I should post up some of the PMs and Emails I get multiple times per day.

Some, perhaps 25%, I don't respond to but actually go and remove their account. It takes longer to do that than it does to have replied to them - but the lack of courtesy and in fact, disrespect shown tells me we don't want them in our community. Just dealing with them now is easier than dealing with them later.

Anyway, I am sure we are all on the same page with this. It's a direct result of social media IMO. But, come here with a social media attitude and you won't last long.

I encourage members to hit Report on the PMs received that show disrespect, serious lack of manners, or anything else you think needs to be brought to my attention. For every 5 members we remove each day, 45 others will register in their place. We may as well call them out and weed them out.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Marc said:

You guys have no idea. I should post up some of the PMs and Emails I get multiple times per day.

WABS button pressed.   Pfft. Facepalm. I'd post them up but they all come from Eggmiester and Sir Zingerlinga and occasionally Bohdi asking back in.

• Haha 1

Funny you should mention that Wally. In my recent attempt to try and sell my streamer and psu I had 3 folk reply. All dropped out with no reason given and didn't even do  me the courtesy of letting me know till I contacted them to find out what was going on.

Strange days !

Edited by Ozcall
  • Like 3

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Bit harsh??

Perhaps, but after 20 or so years my patience is running out with those who think StereoNET access to this free resource is a right, rather than a privilege.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ozcall said:

Funny you should mention that Wally. In my recent attempt to try and sell my streamer and psu I had 3 folk reply. All dropped out with no reason given and didn't even do  me the courtesy of letting me know till I contacted them to find out what was going on.

Strange days !

Strange days indeed mate....................... to those of us fortunate not to have social media participation hard wired into our cognitive process.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

Perhaps, but after 20 or so years my patience is running out with those who think StereoNET access to this free resource is a right, rather than a privilege.

I’ve always thought SNA should have a small charge associated when you join. Maybe $5 - $10 a year Then I bet you will only get the dedicated members joining.  I have noticed that so many members just use the classified’s  and never donate when they sell something.   As for rudeness.   Just unacceptable ?

• Like 6

IIRC @Marc has definitively ruled out membership fees, but IMHO something could be done with the classifieds such as a flat $10 listing fee for anything over $100 which should help mitigate flippers and the here-this-week-gone-next week blow ins and also help to defray the costs off having more than 2 full time people just to manage the classifieds.

• Like 1

Can I just chime in and say the opposite? The vast majority of people who've PMed me or vice versa have been polite and responsive. Yes I've had the occasional "fire and forget" type of PM, but that is not the norm. Most of the regulars here at least fall into the former category, and perhaps the newcomers just aren't aware of what's considered common courtesy for this type of forum; they may have never been on a relatively friendly forum before, or maybe not been on one at all, and not know the appropriate etiquette. A thread like this is a good reminder or heads up, and it should be emphasised in bold as part of the forum rules sticky and introduction message (assuming they even read them.)

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, rantan said:

IIRC @Marc has definitively ruled out membership fees, but IMHO something could be done with the classifieds such as a flat $10 listing fee for anything over $100 which should help mitigate flippers and the here-this-week-gone-next week blow ins and also help to defray the costs off having more than 2 full time people just to manage the classifieds.

I don't know about $10 per listing....But I would be more than willing to pay a monthly or yearly price for special selling privileges.  For e.g. Instant Ad Approval and some sort of "Verified Seller" status. I am certain Marc and other smart cookies have considered this and so far opted against it with valid reasoning.

It's clear I buy and sell a lot of gear but have a genuine love for hifi. I have lost and made money over the years but can guarantee any money I did make went straight back into hi-fi.

• Like 4

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

Can I just chime in and say the opposite? The vast majority of people who've PMed me or vice versa have been polite and responsive. Yes I've had the occasional "fire and forget" type of PM, but that is not the norm. Most of the regulars here at least fall into the former category, and perhaps the newcomers just aren't aware of what's considered common courtesy for this type of forum; they may have never been on a relatively friendly forum before, or maybe not been on one at all, and not know the appropriate etiquette. A thread like this is a good reminder or heads up, and it should be emphasised in bold as part of the forum rules sticky and introduction message (assuming they even read them.)

Good idea. I'll add a link to it in the automated PM sent to all new members when they register.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Good idea. I'll add a link to it in the automated PM sent to all new members when they register.

Except that ,as you well know, people often just CBF reading this welcome email and in any case, when posting or messaging to anyone, simple courtesy should( must ) apply.

8 minutes ago, kelossus said:

I don't know about $10 per listing....But I would be more than willing to pay a monthly or yearly price for special selling privileges

Fair enough, but I think something needs to be done to make  the classifieds less taxing for the admin team and perhaps whatever is adopted will generate some change in that area.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rantan said:

Fair enough, but I think something needs to be done to make  the classifieds less taxing for the admin team and perhaps whatever is adopted will generate some change in that area.

The F.S section has a very large turnover. Although there are some generous sellers with there donations if SNA were to charge a small % then everyone pays and benefits .?

$201,917    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

As for Common courtesy you either have it or you don't. Use the BLOCK USER  setting and move on.

Stump

• Like 4

I'll take the pain out of this for everyone and take on the roll of SNA Bursur.

It'll relieve Marc and the team of half asleep of hard working mods and free them all up from the pressure of running the Classifieds.

You've got better things to do guys, right, of course you do. Fights in the forums, deleting threads that don't matter(Cables, toppers,lifters,squashballs,DSOTM) going to GTG's  and that kinda thing.

Funnel, channel  all the ads to me and as Bursar everyone will know I'm fair but firm.

https://www.dynamicbusiness.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/taking-a-bribe.jpg

Karen the Bursar office's liaison officer will handle the day to day running of the Classifieds  and frequent customers should make themselves known to her ASAP for quick formatting and  posting of your ads. A long history in finance and shelf companies with some merchant banking xp should hold her in good stead.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/taking-bribe-20260596.jpg

PM's answered promptly and backhanders even quicker and no fear or favour given.

Make your self known, bring some durif(dozen Stanton+Killeen always appreciated) lets chat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2