New Amp ( Saska. Rega. ME)

I'm looking at Upgrading my old luxman 1050r. Atm I'm running imf super compacts and am looking at Upgrading speakers to Adelaide ascencion summoners 12" drivers.

My mate has a rega elicit r i can get . Im intersted in the Naksa80 and Im wondering how the saska 80 would compare to the rega....Can i get a remote for the saska or is it best just left on? I'm also considering ME seperates aswell but cant afford Holton. Was thinking NAIM but I found the tone a little dry just like  yamaha .Im listening to all kinds of music. However if im listening at higher volumes its usually Rock and metal.  i prefer a fast deep bass that can keep up with double kick and provide good seperation  of  instruments . Good mid lows and open non fatiging mid/high range. Any other reccomendations are appreciated. 

44 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

You can check out these lists for amplifier recommendations across price ranges. The Adelaide ascencion summoners are not known to be very power hungry, so a moderately powered amplifier (around 100W) should work for you.

The saska may not be quite up to the job then. Maybe ME seperates or other Au & Nz equivalents...

The Amp lists mainly focus on store brands ( yamaha. Music fidelity etc ) rather than used local amps. I have no objection to brand amps. Some may be worth the coin. But i get a feeling the local gear is a level up in quality and value.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, WFM said:

I'm looking at Upgrading my old luxman 1050r. Atm I'm running imf super compacts and am looking at Upgrading speakers to Adelaide ascencion summoners 12" drivers.

My mate has a rega elicit r i can get . Im intersted in the Naksa80 and Im wondering how the saska 80 would compare to the rega....Can i get a remote for the saska or is it best just left on? I'm also considering ME seperates aswell but cant afford Holton. Was thinking NAIM but I found the tone a little dry just like  yamaha .Im listening to all kinds of music. However if im listening at higher volumes its usually Rock and metal.  i prefer a fast deep bass that can keep up with double kick and provide good separation  of  instruments . Good mid lows and open non fatiguing mid/high range. Any other recommendations are appreciated. 

I see they're a nominal 6 ohm impedance.  I have used 2x NAKSA 80s in my (active) system for the last 6 years or so and can confirm:

• the NAKSA is much nicer to listen to than the Naim amps which I had previously
  • it certainly is not fatiguing to listen to
  • and it can keep up with double kick (drums) and provide good separation  of  instruments.

You also mentioned a 'saska 80' - if you mean a 'SAKSA 85' then this is: a. slightly more powerful than the NAKSA and b. I understand, has slightly better bass.  But no - neither of them has a remote (as they are power amps only - not integrateds).

@anandpkumar has posted that your spkrs are not particularly hard to drive - but, yes, a good 100w amp may well drive them better than a NAKSA or a SAKSA.

As you're in Melbourne, I can bring over one of my NAKSA 80s, if you would like - so you can see how it performs with your 'Summoners'.

Andy

Edited by andyr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, andyr said:

I see they're a nominal 6 ohm impedance.  I have used 2x NAKSA 80s in my (active) system for the last 6 years or so and can confirm:

• the NAKSA is much nicer to listen to than the Naim amps which I had previously
  • and it can keep up with double kick (drums) and provide good separation  of  instruments.

You also mentioned a 'saska 80' - if you mean a 'SAKSA 85' then this is: a. slightly more powerful than the NAKSA and, I understand, has slightly better bass.  But no - neither of them has a remote (as they are power amps only - not integrateds).

@anandpkumar has posted that your spkrs are not particularly hard to drive - but, yes, a good 100w amp may well drive them better than a NAKSA or a SAKSA.

As you're in Melbourne, I can bring over one of my NAKSA 80s, if you would like - so you can see how it performs with your 'Summoners'.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I'll drop you a line when the summoners arrive. Cheers

2 hours ago, andyr said:

You also mentioned a 'saska 80' - if you mean a 'SAKSA 85' then this is: a. slightly more powerful than the NAKSA and, I understand, has slightly better bass.  But no - neither of them has a remote (as they are power amps only - not integrateds).

Andy

Can you connect a preamp to the naksa?

49 minutes ago, WFM said:

Can you connect a preamp to the naksa?

Yes, Greg.  Your Luxman 1050r is a receiver - that means it's a:

• preamp
  • power amp, and
  • tuner

... all rolled into one.

The NAKSA - like most power amps - needs:

• a preamp in front of it (the preamp takes care of source selection and volume control)
  • or a single source - which needs to have its own volume control.

Here are pics of my NAKSAs:

1141073593_RehousedNAKSA80-Front.thumb.JPG.51d6f59118cebdb9d40f873ba1a6d054.JPG

1180807198_RehousedNAKSA80-Back.thumb.JPG.f359786c309df8b3b005b4301ce911b4.JPG

Andy

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 8:43 AM, WFM said:

My mate has a rega elicit r i can get . Im intersted in the Naksa80 and Im wondering how the saska 80 would compare to the rega....Can i get a remote for the saska or is it best just left on? I'm also considering ME seperates aswell but cant afford Holton. Was thinking NAIM but I found the tone a little dry just like  yamaha .Im listening to all kinds of music. However if im listening at higher volumes its usually Rock and metal.  i prefer a fast deep bass that can keep up with double kick and provide good seperation  of  instruments . Good mid lows and open non fatiging mid/high range. Any other reccomendations are appreciated. 

In the meantime hook the Rega up uf its readily available. 

Don't underestimate it and it will give you a baseline for comparison

+1 with ascencions

• Like 1