best in-ceiling speakers for my paradigm setup, going from 3.1 to 7.1

I currently have Paradigm Monitor 9 v5 fronts, with CC170 center (hunting a cc370 for timbre matching), running through a Sony str-dn860.

This is in my main loungeroom as I don't have space for a home theatre, I want to get rear and mid speakers for this setup to make it 7.1.

I would like them to be in ceiling, (rears could be in wall) but am so confused about what type and which speakers to get which will be at all close timbre wise.

Any advice or opinion would be welcome.

:welcome:to the forum...

Ideally, all HT speakers should be timbre matched but a challenge when a vendor does not make all of them.  You are doing the right thing to timbre match the front 3.

The next best thing is to get the rears and ceiling speakers with the same brand and series.  What is your budget?  Some brands to look at include Krix and Monitor Audio.

So paradigm still make in ceiling speakers but they have totally changed their lines and discontinued the monitor series, it is unlikely i can get old in ceiling speakers second hand, im fine buying the new pardigm series in ceiling but not sure which ones are going to be remotely close to the old ones plus dont have experience translating from normal to in ceiling models.. My first inclination on budget is around 700 a pair for the rears/sides so 350 a speaker max. Unless there is good reason to spend more based on my current set up to match them well. Im familiar with the krix speakers, but think maybe the paradigm in ceiling will be a closer match? Just need help with models and types.

Edited by ifany

The Paradigm ceiling speakers may timbre match better than Krix? Why not contact Paradigm and ask them?

I think you are worrying too much about timbre matching.  It's is nice, but you are unlikely to notice for movies. If you are into multi channel music, then maybe you will notice the difference?

Ended up settling on Paradigm CI Pro 65s.  700 for the pair, so right on my budget.  I'll let you know how they go when they arrive. 

Edited by ifany