Fun with High Fidelity AM reception.

catman

G'day all, I have long been a long time fan of 'hi fi' AM reception and quite recently our local ABC AM  outlet from  Townsville (630 KHz) upgraded their mast, and I've been playing around with my own wideband 'high fidelity' AM detectors.  I regard my 'voltage doubler' AM detector as my best with a clarity and a low noise and distortion audio profile that has to be heard to be believed.  I have others that come pretty close, but my voltage doubler AM detector is simply the best in my opinion.  It sounds truly 'hi fi' in mono, of course.  Regards, Felix (vk4fuq).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/03/2021 at 6:34 PM, catman said:

G'day all, I have long been a long time fan of 'hi fi' AM reception and quite recently our local ABC AM  outlet from  Townsville (630 KHz) upgraded their mast, and I've been playing around with my own wideband 'high fidelity' AM detectors.  I regard my 'voltage doubler' AM detector as my best with a clarity and a low noise and distortion audio profile that has to be heard to be believed.  I have others that come pretty close, but my voltage doubler AM detector is simply the best in my opinion.  It sounds truly 'hi fi' in mono, of course.  Regards, Felix (vk4fuq).

Hi

What comes out of the transmitter is usually quite reasonable, it's receivers that let the process down, I can understand why you are impressed with your detector without band limited.

Regards