Final Directstream firmware “Sunlight”

After a recent mention on the Hifi podcast with Darren and Duncan (thats Darren Myers of PS Audio), Paul McGowan confirmed that the next firmware is incoming next month

39517DC7-1600-4885-B0CE-2D6662A4B0D8.jpeg

Edited by sakabatou
Grammar
  • sakabatou changed the title to New Directstream firmware “Sunlight” due in April
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• sakabatou changed the title to Final Directstream firmware “Sunlight”

Quad rate DSD- mmmmm sounds good not so sure about the words final update for DSD owners - end of the products line /life.  Presume reborn perfectwave DAC to be released end of year or so to match new transport ( guessing- so please don't sue me if wrong). 

If anyone has already downloaded- what are your thoughts. its meant to be a big change.

Sunlight is amazing, Ted the master has done it again, everything is better, what a great last update. 

If I liked people I'd have a GTG to show off this old DAC 😁

Edited by awayward
  • Like 2

Although I had a successful load, Sunlight sounded fat, slow and hissy.

I reverted to Windom, and then reloaded Sunlight - and it now sounds right.

So if you’re finding that you don’t like it, reloading is worth a  try

• Like 2

Seems okay.  I used Rebbeca Pidgeon “the raven” as a back to back comparison. To my old, tired ears seemed a small improvement but not night and day.  It HAS added additional “toe tapping” so that’s a good indicator. 
Have been listening to a few other discs so I’m obviously happy. Currently on PF but not sure about the accompanying wine! I do have a bottle of DoSM but that has to wait for the other disc. 

081F6643-BE86-4D6B-B69A-6C639722A0AC.jpeg

Edited by frankn
more subjective info
  • Like 1