Hey folks, I'm not too knowledgeable about hi fi stuff but I do have a lovely pair of Tannoy Saturn 10 inch speakers that as much as the wife tells me they are too big, I can never sell them. BUT I do need a good amp to fire them up and let them play their best. At the moment I have them hooked up to a cambridge audio 640 home theater system only running the s10s, the dream was to have a giant surround sound home cinema but family has gotten in the way and I know all I need is the floor speakers and something to drive them to sound their best. I will be playing vinyl on them and streaming spotify when i want to sit on my ass and change tracks without any fuss 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Cheers 

There's a blast from the past - someone I knew bought a pair just before I left the UK and I only heard them the once.

Nominal 6ohms so need a bit of current, avoid amps that are too warm, they're good enough to deserve a really good amp. I can't remember the amp I heard them with and don't really want to throw in a specific recommendation. A starting point might be a more powerful NAD?

• Like 1

Thanks for replying, I will be looking at spending around 3k on the second hand market or maybe go new but I know you get alot of bang for your buck going 2nd hand 

There's a nice little accuphase E213 integrated amp on gumtree but im not sure if this is enough for the speakers? 

Prana69 (member) had a nice Denon PMA2000r for sale some weeks ago. Drive those speakers easily and has a better than average (very good) phono stage.

My 2c

• Thanks 1