Anyone who owns or listened to Krell’s new s300 integrated? Unfortunately none found for audition in Melbourne. 
Trying to make a decision between. Hegel H390 and Krell here to match with Sonus Faber floorstanders. 
Appreciate all the response. 

Can't comment on the Krell but the H390 will drive those speakers beautifully. Great composure and control (huge damping factor) and tonally neutral so it will allow the SF speakers' character to shine through.

As a Krell fanboi I'd say Krell of course. Audition the Rotel Michi as well, it is a lot of amp for the money. It has inbuilt MC  or MM phono plus headphone in addition to the Hegel and Krell features list.

This goes against all audiophile lore, and I haven’t heard any of the systems concerned, but I’ve talked to three SF owners in the past year who have paired them with recent Naim amplification. It’s worth considering as some Naim products even seem to be available at the moment, at least in Sydney.

Edited by Eggcup the Dafter
Spellcheck

Naim’s sound signature is nice but I don’t understand why they don’t provide balanced connections. 
In my list now, Michi and Macintosh Ma352. So far only listened to Hegel which impressed me but can’t help wonder especially what Krell would sound like. 

4 minutes ago, akchart said:

Naim’s sound signature is nice but I don’t understand why they don’t provide balanced connections
In my list now, Michi and Macintosh Ma352. So far only listened to Hegel which impressed me but can’t help wonder especially what Krell would sound like. 

Pretty simple. Naim pre amps and amps are not fully balanced designs. 

It is the sound that is the most important,  not the connection method. 

11 minutes ago, akchart said:

Naim’s sound signature is nice but I don’t understand why they don’t provide balanced connections. 

If you aren't planning to use very long leads (in the order of tens of metres) you shouldn't need balanced connections. If your source and amplification are both fully balanced designs, there may be a slight advantage to using balanced cables between them. If a product is unbalanced internally - and there is a lot of higher end stuff that isn't - then you might get the opposite result, because between the amp and the XLR sockets might just lie a cheap and nasty chip.

For the record, I've just started using a balanced connection between my mid-fi Marantz pairing, which are both fully balanced, and there is a slight subjective increase in soundstage width and a little more overall clarity compared to using lower priced RCA (for the first time in my life, a proper difference with interconnects!). Of course it might be the cable and not the connection type even now, but I'm not spending money on the unbalanced version to find out, especially as the equivalents in the range aren't actually the same.
In most cases, though, all I've heard and all you get from balanced connections in a standard hifi setup are - more expensive plugs.

Maybe I was just lucky with the balanced interconnects but always got better results with the balanced connections. 
Thanks for sharing views everyone. 
I added a Mcintosh -Ma7200 to the list and now. Based on all the internet reviews I found Hegel seems to be the winner. Hoping to get the dealer allow me to borrow one so I can check with my speakers at home before biting the bullet. 
the recent Vitus sold here was tempting as well :)

• 3 weeks later...