Attenuator required urgently..

Hi all-

I have active speakers (AVI DM10) and a new Chord Qutest DAC. Even at the lowest output setting (1vRMS) it's too loud so I need to find some RCA attenuators or a temporary module until my pre-amp arrives.

Does anybody have a quick solution for this? I'm in Perth. 

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Crabsticks said:

Hi all-

I have active speakers (AVI DM10) and a new Chord Qutest DAC. Even at the lowest output setting (1vRMS) it's too loud so I need to find some RCA attenuators or a temporary module until my pre-amp arrives.

Does anybody have a quick solution for this? I'm in Perth. 

Thanks in advance.

What about using digital volume control in whatever you are using to play the music until your preamp arrives.

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Telecine said:

What about using digital volume control in whatever you are using to play the music until your preamp arrives.

That was working with the Mojo but I have a Qutest now and it has no such thing.

26 minutes ago, Crabsticks said:

That was working with the Mojo but I have a Qutest now and it has no such thing.

So, the source isn’t a piece of software (with inherent volume control)? Is it a CD transport or something like that?

1 hour ago, Steffen said:

So, the source isn’t a piece of software (with inherent volume control)? Is it a CD transport or something like that?

It's a Microrendu so no physical controls. I'll check if there's an option through Roon. Cheers

3 hours ago, xlr8or said:

Thank you, I'll check them out

• 2 months later...
On 04/03/2021 at 11:01 PM, Crabsticks said:

Picked up a $10 line level volume control. Will do as a temporary solution. Thanks all.

Hi Dan. Do you mind letting me know what you bought, and how it went? Helping out a  mate set up a system and his CD player is way too hot for his amp, and this could be the ticket.

I was thinking attenuation plugs, but wasn't sure what value to get, so variable would be much simpler if the quality is ok