WTB: MiniDSP Umik-1 and 2x4HD

Naka_0

Item: Umik-1 and 2X4HD
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: 

I'm looking to get into room correction so I'm looking for a Umik-1 and a 2X4HD, ideally together in a bundle. Located in Melbourne. Cheers!

Just now, Steffen said:

The 2x4HD doesn’t appear to have digital outputs, so it essentially becomes your DAC, correct?

•      The specs 

•  
  • ADSP21489 400MHz Sharc DSP floating point engine
  • XMOS Xcore200 for USB control and bidirectional audio streaming
  • 24 bit ADC/DAC resolution
  • Unbalanced inputs switchable with a jumper between 4Vrms and 2Vrms
  • Toslink digital input
  • Unbalanced outputs: Max 2Vrms
  • USB Audio Class 2 Bidirectional streaming with ASIO drivers, driverless under MAC OSx
  • 4 preset configuration, recallable via IR, Software
  • Plug&Play USB driver and real time Software configuration using miniDSP plug-ins
  • Device does not required a PC once configured
  • External single 12V supply

1 hour ago, Bill125812 said:

I tried the same thing.  Hard to come across here in aus.  I order direct from MiniDSP.  Took a week and it was here.  Good exchange rate at the moment to 

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4-hd

Thanks Bill. I found a 2X4HD for a good price but the issue is tracking down a UMIK-1. Seems that people aren't willing to let them go, which is understandable. Might have to just order one. 

I'll most likely be inserting the 2X4 inbetween the pre out and main in of my system. It's a shame that the 2X4's DAC is not as competent as my own, but my thinking is that the improvements the DSP will bring to my system outweigh the negatives. 

3 minutes ago, Naka_0 said:

Thanks Bill. I found a 2X4HD for a good price but the issue is tracking down a UMIK-1. Seems that people aren't willing to let them go, which is understandable. Might have to just order one. 

I'll most likely be inserting the 2X4 inbetween the pre out and main in of my system. It's a shame that the 2X4's DAC is not as competent as my own, but my thinking is that the improvements the DSP will bring to my system outweigh the negatives. 

I think I brought my UMIK-1  in from the US for $138 Aust delivered 

• Like 1

Guest niterida
12 hours ago, Naka_0 said:

Thanks Bill. I found a 2X4HD for a good price

Is that the one currently on Gumtree for $80 ?

21 hours ago, Classicjazzophile said:

Depends how fussy you are on DAC quality.

19 hours ago, Naka_0 said:

It depends on what signal levels you feed it.     If they are too small it has low performance

2 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

It depends on what signal levels you feed it.     If they are too small it has low performance

My DAC outputs 2V so there should be no issues if I run from DAC -> Minidsp -> Amplifier.

Guest niterida
6 hours ago, judge25 said:

If not I will buy it!

6 hours ago, Naka_0 said:

Yes, I've sent the seller a message so we'll see what happens. 

Sorry I beat you all to it :(

Guest niterida
On 04/03/2021 at 11:46 AM, niterida said:

Sorry I beat you all to it :(

Or I thought I had - I sent the money and now he wants to refund it because he tested the unit and found it wasn't working and has thrown it in the bin !!

I reckon somebody offered him more money and he stooged me.........................?

Edited by niterida