SOLD: FS:PS Audio Power Plant P15 as new in Black

SOLD
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: 2117
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc
Reason for selling: Changing of direction

Further information:

I have a need to go up for something beefier or just nothing at all due to config change. I am first owner, bought brand new from Geoff at Heynow on Oct 2020 and he provides the best service and care when you need his support.

No need to introduce on well-known and advantages of PS Audio Power Regenerator lines. P15 used to be top-of-line and most powerful regenerator PS Audio could make and only overtaken by P20 recently with an additional of 700w. It generates 1500w of pure power and stable voltage for extreme Australian power conditions.

bank of capacitors and big transformer give a very low impedance which helps current to flow instantly to increase dynamic of system, however, if you have a huge power amp, the rule of thumb might need to be considered that Power plant’s transformer need to be significant bigger that your power amp, this is not the case in my setup and  I am now utilizing to power front end only. I want an all in one box power station or try passive filters, hence changing direction.

Power plants gave huge improvement for my Pass labs x250.5, Mcintosh Ma252 or a Class D Primare A35.2

I was skeptical to  try on Pass labs x250.5 in the beginning but boys it is that good for me to buy a brand new P15.

now my new 450w Amplifier is another story and new bar to find a thing that deserves for its power.

so p15 can meet demands of most system out there without a need to think.

rrp is 13k, Come with all box and invoices for warranty until remaining warranty until Oct 2022.

Bonus: Come with upgraded "audiophile" Telos fuse https://recordclean.com.au/telos-quantum-x2-fuse-audiophile-grade-upgrade.html

Pickup in Sydney is preferred at this stage but if buyer pays can organise shipping, I will be happy to proceed. 

***open to trade for a P3 plus cash as I need one for my digital gears. Voltage in my place is is quite insane  which fried a few LPSs purchased overseas,

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_1129 3.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Meluvmidfi said:

Wow!!

You bought this in the future? And then came back to the present?

Lol

Good luck mate

Audiophile world is a circle , people go high end, high resolution, etc., then come back to basic in their 80s, lol

Edited by ikhuong

Hi Kevin,

Just wondering, did you ever try a different fuse in your P15? I just fitted. SR Black in mine and the change/ improvement in SQ and dynamics in my opinion is well worth the small investment.

cheers,

Terry

Edited by TerryO

17 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Just wondering, did you ever try a different fuse in your P15? I just fitted. SR Black in mine and the change/ improvement in SQ and dynamics in my opinion is well worth the small investment.

13 hours ago, ikhuong said:

Bonus: Come with upgraded "audiophile" Telos fuse https://recordclean.com.au/telos-quantum-x2-fuse-audiophile-grade-upgrade.html

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

Hi Kevin,

cheers,

Terry

No issue with fuses, I swapped a premium quality fuse, main issues is my 450w power amp is a beast and P15 is not up to its capacity,

all my other amps from class D to Pass labs x250.5 250w received wonderful improvement from it.

a P20 might help with more headroom But

i am going to a high end passive filter option

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1

open to trade for a P3 plus cash as I need one for my digital gears.  Anyone needs upsize, this is a perfect arrangement 

Voltage in my place is is quite insane  which fried a few LPS that purchased overseas,

Edited by ikhuong

9 hours ago, TerryO said:

Hi Kevin,

cheers,

Terry

I have put a new SR orange fuse in my EPA 15 and like what I can hear.

To let people understand more about what power plants can help to a system and make a right decision

I discovered that P15 is wonderful for below 300W class AB or a constant current draw class A amp. I was astonishing with the improvement for Pass labs X250.5 as it draws a constant 300w power all the time to make 15W class A high-bias output.

The Mcintosh MC462 is a 450w amplifier with efficient and power saving design mind, it pulls minimum current that requires to optimize best temperature and green design but when music needs, it will pull crazy.  So it requires dynamic and very fast power delivery which is not up to the design of P15.

P15 is not on the "super extremely" fast current giving, it is able to provide clean unrestricted power and low impedance for suitable gears. The "super extremely" fast current giving is likely on high-end passive filter power distribution units or NOTHING at all, 

So making a right combination of power conditioners/regenerators is extremely challenge and requires skills and experience which I am trying to gain.

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 2

Price is pretty competitive verus a old and “years in service” P10 now,  it is only a few month old and will last more 10 years for this investment. starting with clean power