FS: Aiwa AD-F990 Cassette Decks A and B versions

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Brisbane
State: QLD
Payment Method: Money
Reason for selling: Thinning the collection.

Further information:

On offer are both the first and B versions of the Aiwa AD-F990 cassette decks. Both come with an R200 wireless remote  receivers each and share one T200 remote. These were optional extras but come as part of the sale. 

The decks themselves function very well and are a technical tour-de-force featuring a built in demagnetizer, auto tape adjustment, real time tape timer and more. Here’s a good place that gives a run down on these wonderful sounding machines

https://www.cassettedeck.org/aiwa/ad-f990

The A version with the silver top has some dents on the cover. This is purely cosmetic. It also intermittently stops playing although this might be due to the deck being not used enough. 

Prefer to sell as a pair but splitting available - PM me. 

Photos:

78E7322B-53D4-417B-B6DD-AEDC12FB7D97.thumb.jpeg.33f1c34d0888c83b66ed11e9b951e6fb.jpeg

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

DBB50D5A-523B-487C-B26D-1A57A19E2DF0.jpeg

8EFC498B-F33C-4FBC-AEE5-1C8BC7BDD063.jpeg

80AB93B2-4D9D-40E1-9319-2BE55A8AEE22.jpeg

6558B039-C99F-42C0-A1FC-F671A269BBE6.jpeg

great looking decks,   ... my neck hurts looking at the photos  ...you may want to rotate the photos 

GLWTS 

Great decks. Didn’t know they came in 2 variants. Is there a difference apart from the cosmetic?

I have the F660 somewhere tucked away in the garage.... that’s a good deck but these are the next 2 levels up!

There was a F770 in between as well if I recall correctly.

yep, I had the AD F990 (no remote). I think this was AIWA's flagship unit. It had a feast of functions, supported by a visual feast of glowing lights. I think it had auto bias and eq, where lower models had manual.

Thanks @Bill125812! I could not get the images to upload correctly no matter how I tried. 

The AD-F990 has the all important amorphous heads and Dolby HX-PRO which truly works a treat. The automatic tape calibration is pretty effective to. I do have one more 990 which I will be keeping. These decks have a smooth and transparent sound which is listenable for hours and hours at end. I forgot to mention that they have all had their belts replaced so they are good for years of trouble free service. 

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sinistera
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BRUNSWICK State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (+3%), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Vinyl clearance Further information:
       VMP Press, 1x12" album in Mint condition
      Please see my other vinyl listings. Happy to combine to reduce postage costs.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By sinistera
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BRUNSWICK State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (+3%), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Vinyl clearance Further information:
       Mint copy on neon red vinyl VMP Press

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    • By sinistera
      Item Condition: VG+ Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BRUNSWICK State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (+3%), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Vinyl clearance Further information:
       12" single Original Press from EPMD rapper Erick Sermon

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By sinistera
       VMP Press on clear blue vinyl

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By sinistera
       Incredible recording and pressing. This was made as an audiophile recording, and pressed at 45RPM

Photos:

PLEASE READ