Hi Guys 
I have been told that Tonewinner are the manufacturer of the Emotiva and the line up of Tonewinner equipment is nearly identical to the Emotiva. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or personal experience with the AT-300 unit or Tonewinner in general.
From what I can see Tonewinner amps are identical to the Emotiva amps they have only moved the power socket from one side to the other but all the specs are the same.
Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
Cheers 

67861CD3-CA61-4E40-85EE-7AA041FD914A.thumb.jpeg.826a615585b1c99e663ac209f917f793.jpeg

• Moderators

i guess i wold be asking are they available here ? what is after sales and support ? as a relative unknown and playing in space of av processors which most big brands are struggling to keep upto speed with... most would be reluctant to jump onto something like this...

they definitely seem to mimic emotiva a bit, unsure really why they the needed to clone the brand ? 

They have a impressive list of components and at half the price it makes them very competitive. There is some good reviews on there amps . But like you the support and warranty is most important l might do some more digging and report back . 

I own the Tonewinner AT300. I've had it for a couple of months now.

Playing HDR content on it produces some weird artifacts. e.g. brilliant white snow has blocks of purples in it.  Skin tones have blocks of green hues. It's really odd. see images

It keeps switching to ARC/eARC input randomly whilst I'm actively using one of the hdmi inputs on the processor. I've had to disable all the CEC stuff to stop it happening.

Connected to an Epson LS500 projector, the projector can turn the processor off via CEC but it doesn't turn it on. This is a bug as the projector turns my Lexicon RV9 on and off without issue.

When on standby, there's a very high pitch whine coming from the unit, it's not super loud.

Spelling mistakes in the English menu

I've had to turn my subwoofers volume down to almost 0 as the sub RCA outs appear to run very hot.

RCA preouts randomly have high level of distortion whereas the XLR preouts are consistently clean.

Sound quality is pretty decent through the XLR outputs.

XLR preouts will randomly stop working (I can still hear the sub connected via RCA) - changing the decoding mode gets them working again.

I wanted to import them to the UK and start selling them but It's a cheap looking unit and loads of bugs persist.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-04 at 22.38.51 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-04 at 22.38.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-04 at 22.38.51 (2).jpeg

Edited by Nightyard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

well that is all a bit unfortunate ! i wonder if these bugs and issues translate from the emotiva as they  he been notorious in the bug department as well. anyways your experience is a good heads up for anyone indeed considering the items in question...

• Like 1

Totally agree Betty Boop and thank you Nightyard for your review . l for one will give them a miss for now