Dynavector Owners & Discussion Thread

I have the mk4 and I am very happy with it. Using a Dynavector 20x2L cartridge with it. Should you buy the mk4 do read and understand the instructions and have a good look at the circuit board and find all the positions before you start setting the jumpers. It's not hard but it does help.

As for the sound all I can say is that it puts up a pretty good performance against another set up that I use most of the time.

Also Jonathan of J D Audio is very helpful should you have any questions. 

3 hours ago, Vinylear said:

I have the mk4 and I am very happy with it. Using a Dynavector 20x2L cartridge with it. Should you buy the mk4 do read and understand the instructions and have a good look at the circuit board and find all the positions before you start setting the jumpers. It's not hard but it does help.

As for the sound all I can say is that it puts up a pretty good performance against another set up that I use most of the time.

Also Jonathan of J D Audio is very helpful should you have any questions. 

Thanks Vinylear.

This morning I ordered a mk4 and I plan on looking at a 20X2 or Hana SL cart shortly. For the money and considering all that's been said about it, I don't think I can go wrong.

The internal adjustments don't phase me.

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • Volunteer
On 02/03/2021 at 12:55 PM, Winno said:

Thanks Vinylear.

This morning I ordered a mk4 and I plan on looking at a 20X2 or Hana SL cart shortly. For the money and considering all that's been said about it, I don't think I can go wrong.

The internal adjustments don't phase me.

Cheers,

Steve

@Winno, just wondering if the mk4 arrived and what your thoughts are?

10 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

@Winno, just wondering if the mk4 arrived and what your thoughts are?

Hi. 
Yes, it arrived very promptly after ordering and it was dead easy to set up for my Rega MM cart. Although not having anything to compare it to, I can say it is a very nice phono stage and I certainly don’t feel it leaves anything wanting. It seems to work very well indeed with my Rega/Cyrus/Martin Logan combination. 

688E90FE-48B9-42BA-8AED-1E16C968B6AB.thumb.jpeg.28d96eeea9cff62523a963333e4d9c65.jpeg

I also recently upgraded from an Elys 40 MM to an Ania Pro MC and the DV allowed significant improvements everywhere to show through without any trouble at all. 

would I keep this longer term?

Yes, easily. 
Although, if I can find a Phono X by Cyrus (the previous phono stage they made), I’ll certainly compare the two. The PE mode in the DV is pretty special though and I’m enjoying a wonderfully expansive, transparent and musical presentation currently. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Winno said:

Hi. 
Yes, it arrived very promptly after ordering and it was dead easy to set up for my Rega MM cart. Although not having anything to compare it to, I can say it is a very nice phono stage and I certainly don’t feel it leaves anything wanting. It seems to work very well indeed with my Rega/Cyrus/Martin Logan combination. 

688E90FE-48B9-42BA-8AED-1E16C968B6AB.thumb.jpeg.28d96eeea9cff62523a963333e4d9c65.jpeg

I also recently upgraded from an Elys 40 MM to an Ania Pro MC and the DV allowed significant improvements everywhere to show through without any trouble at all. 

would I keep this longer term?

Yes, easily. 
Although, if I can find a Phono X by Cyrus (the previous phono stage they made), I’ll certainly compare the two. The PE mode in the DV is pretty special though and I’m enjoying a wonderfully expansive, transparent and musical presentation currently. 

It seems that Cyrus have a new phono stage out now. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

It seems that Cyrus have a new phono stage out now. ?

Yep, since the Phono X, the Phono Signature was released. It supposed to be an absolute banger of a phono stage too. One, along with matching PSX-R2 recently sold in the classifieds for $2000 which was a pretty hot deal (basically getting a $1400 power supply for nix). 

The absolute latest gear is the XR range which is not cheap. Would be nice to look at the new pre with integrated phono stages but I’m still loving my classic series DAC XP+. 

I can already tell after one side that it is something special considering the price - my interconnect is worth more than the P75   ?     I might use Alan's Kimber interconnect he uses with it later as that is a better price match at least.

will try low output 470 ohms later as that is pretty closely matched to what Lyra's like to be loaded at.

Just spent part of the morning spinning some vinyl and I can honestly say I’m very happy indeed with my P75. 

im sure there is better out there but This purchase has certainly tempered any desire to go looking. 

• 2 years later...

I have always lusted after a DV505 tonearm, but as it turns out my first DV item is their DV75mk4 Phono Pre amp.

To be honest I have not had much chance to use it yet, but so looking forward to it as the short time I listened it was so much better the the Vincent PHO-7.

So, what is the point of this thread? To share what we think of DV gear and share pictures.

Pics to follow.........

• Like 2