FS: Focal Sopra no 1 -Black beauties.

Item Condition: Perfect showroom condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Trying something else

Further information:

I bought these fabulous speakers new in June 2020. They are quite amazing but don’t suit my room. Everyone knows about the sensational beryllium tweeters and they are exactly what the reviewers rave about. Sweet and clear. If you like to hear everything in percussion, piano and guitar I haven’t heard any better. The brushes on a drum or the thwack on the skins is creepy.
The problem I have is that my lounge/listening room is a bass desert. In order to hear the prodigious (and they do produce great bass) I have to move my sofa so far forward to be in the one bass area in my room that it’s impractical. I have experimented with an amplifier that has the ability to change the sound characteristics of the room and on that occasion I just sat back and listened to the amazing warm sound that flowed through the room wherever I sat. But I missed the slam of the Naim amp. 
I will miss the dynamics of these Sopras if they go because everything sounds so close and “live”. But I know they deserve to live in a room that can do them justice. They have always had the speaker covers on and only had them off for the pics.
They come with their original boxes but I can’t ship them unfortunately. Speakers and boxes were delivered separately by the dealer. They are huge boxes which are supposed to contain the speakers and stands but I would never in a million years be able to get them back in the box. And if I could they would be so heavy I wouldn’t be able to lift them.

The speakers and stands are unmarked (no faint lines etc) because I have always handled them with cotton gloves. It’s. Hard not to be impressed with these beautiful speakers and I’m sure I would miss them if they go but if they don’t then I’ll be happy to keep them. These speakers rarely come up on the used market because owners know how good they are. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

2F8FA7C9-FCF6-4FCC-B92F-B84CD86E9CD2.jpeg

83031D6C-DD23-4B5E-BA81-1C74F49ED5DE.jpeg

397790C2-38A4-41B2-887E-F15F21F5406D.jpeg

C416ABE1-C50A-4CFB-A329-676A50740623.jpeg

4D42EA7E-98C2-47A5-B446-5D91C01602A8.jpeg

9C76816D-7E2E-479C-B649-F76367A41006.jpeg

Edited by Boratri
  • Like 6