Hi can anybody help with pairing some floorstanding speakers to my NAD C372 integrated amplifier?

There are so many options out there and would like to narrow it down.

I'm currently using Krix KDX-M speakers and while they are fantastic in the high end, I want something with more grunt in the mids and lows.

I'm using a Velodyne 12 inch sub for the lows but would like to dispense with it if I could find speakers with ample bass.

I listen to a lot of prog rock, metal, jazz fusion and occasional mellower music.

My budget is around $2000.

Cheers, Graham.

Some people have reported that Summoner speakers from Adelaide Speakers would do that sort of job pretty well at that price range

Edited by tripitaka

There is a pair of Wharfedale EVO 4.3 in the classified section but I cannot get the link to work to the listing ( 20th January). ($1800 )

These are highly under rated and sound fantastic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham75 said:

Hi can anybody help with pairing some floorstanding speakers to my NAD C372 integrated amplifier?

There are so many options out there and would like to narrow it down.

I'm currently using Krix KDX-M speakers and while they are fantastic in the high end, I want something with more grunt in the mids and lows.

I'm using a Velodyne 12 inch sub for the lows but would like to dispense with it if I could find speakers with ample bass.

I listen to a lot of prog rock, metal, jazz fusion and occasional mellower music.

My budget is around $2000.

Hello Graham,

IMO you are better off keeping that Velodyne 12 than taking it out and putting in floorstanding speakers in your price range — especially with your music.

The trick is to use the Velodyne optimally, I.e. with placement, EQ, time alignment, and crossover all sorted.

Then you can spend on the main speakers optimally too.

cheers

Grant

Hi All, thanks for your replies.

I will keep the sub as suggested and check out your recommendations for floor standers.

Cheers, Graham.

Howdy Graham,

These lists may give you some assistance but they don’t comment on whether they would partner well with your NAD. 

I think you either need second subwoofer or better subwoofer. 

Active crossover might help as well. + the popular REW + Umik. 

Hi Irek, the subwoofer is more than capable; there is a gap in the mids that needs to be filled.

I've adjusted the crossover on the sub but the 5 inch drivers in the bookshelf speakers cannot keep up.

I appreciate your input.