Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A

Anyone running one of these Clocks? Would like to hear what they can do..

Stump

Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A

op20a-3-1200.jpg.0532bddc37e42e533e4f17e975e8b50f.jpg

op20a-2-1200.jpg.c94c08ed7d15547ce0f787df178cc5e3.jpg

i have the 21a - They dont make it anymore though as the cost of the 21a oxco is quite expensive and kenji no longer finds them sustainable. The lower models i understand are still avaliable. Its a good clock thats for sure and very cost effective

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Plasmod3 said:

i have the 21a - They dont make it anymore though as the cost of the 21a oxco is quite expensive and kenji no longer finds them sustainable. The lower models i understand are still avaliable. Its a good clock thats for sure and very cost effective

Good to hear.What player have you matched it with?

44 minutes ago, Plasmod3 said:

You mean which dac? 

I was looking along the lines of trying with a Esoteric K-01Xs.

• Like 1

Ah I see what you mean. I use the clock with a ch dac as well as the ch transport previously😊. Also used it on an ether regen. It works quite well with a noticeable improvement. Don't forget though to put an isolation platform under the clock😉

• Like 1

I did look at Cybershaft recently but it seemed just about everything was out of stock.  I now have an Afterdark "Queen" 75ohm Square Wavebourn OCXO clock on order to use with my Mutec MC-3+USB interface.  Looking forward to trying it  :)

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

Here's a potentially dumb question and I don't want to derail the discussion, but...

Would and of you know in I can get my Singxer SU6 to send a masterclock signal to my SU6?

Out on SU6 = (WCLK) output uses BNC interface, the level is TTL (no load), the output impedance is 75 ohms;

Input on Etherregen = requires 10MHz clock. The BNC jack and termination resistor of the EtherREGEN are for a 75ohm clock line.

I can't find any data on the clock speed that the SU6 outputs. 

To test this, is there a cheap cable that anyone can recommend that I can rig up between the two units (Jaycar etc)?

52 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Yeah, I was looking on Amazon Japan. I ended up ordering the Afterdark "Queen" 75ohm square wave clock + LPS instead. Will hide it behind my Aleph-M so my wife can't see it.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

Yes I'm super keen to recieve mine and install out of sight behind one of my power amps in the entertainment unit. It will never be turned off so it doesn't need to be accessible. 

Way cheaper than the Cybershaft though I daresay the law of diminishing returns means it's particularly good value.  I can only dream of what the OP21 is capable of..... Or a Mutec REF10 SE120. Even so I'm hoping it's a noticeable improvement :)

Edited by MattyW
34 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Yes I'm super keen to recieve mine and install out of sight behind one of my power amps in the entertainment unit. It will never be turned off so it doesn't need to be accessible. 

Way cheaper than the Cybershaft though I daresay the law of diminishing returns means it's particularly good value.  I can only dream of what the OP21 is capable of..... Or a Mutec REF10 SE120. Even so I'm hoping it's a noticeable improvement :)

Do you think the Mutec REF10 SE120 is in the same league as the Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A ?

25 minutes ago, Stump said:

Do you think the Mutec REF10 SE120 is in the same league as the Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A ?

Not particularly answering your question, but the mutec clocks are world class. Would be very interested in a comparison between the ref10 se120 and OP21A, as the 'normal' ref10 is amazing and actually very good value for the asking price.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stump said:

My understanding is that the REF10 SE120 is as good as it gets 

• Like 1

Reading up on the Esoteric G-01X Master Clock   I found it interesting the Esoteric uses the PERF10’s rubidium oscillator.Anyone come across the  SRS PERF10 rubidium atomic audio clock ?

201801_esoteric_guts.jpg.99e969a22fcc5686571d8b3a2ab5ef7c.jpg

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/06/new-esoteric-g-01x-master-clock.html

srs_prs10_10mhz_rubidium_frequency_standard_oscillator_stanford_research_systems_1546324150_e2b04ced_progressive.jpg.c8457a9c63eff8aaaa9b817387f23e1e.jpg

https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/610-stanford-research-systems-perf10-rubidium-audio-clock#most-read-equipment-reviews

38 minutes ago, Stump said:

Is this a Hongkong online shop selling  equipment?

I believe so yes. I've an Afterdark "Queen" 75ohm Square Wave OCXO clock on the way to go with my Mutec MC-3+USB. I've high hopes for it.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Stump said:

Is this a Hongkong online shop selling  equipment?

Yes it is. Prompt postage and reasonable pricing from my experience.

• Like 1

So without having to start a new thread but not wanting to send this one off topic. I bought a 75ohm BNC to BNC cable last week and fitted it between my SU6 and my Etheregen. Turned off the Etheregen and then switched it to external clock" then restarted it. Nuffin. No data activity.  I tried a second cable, just in case but still no activity.  I power cycled and went back to the internal clock 

Spec's for the 2 devices are:

SU6 - WCLK output uses BNC interface, the level is TTL (no load), the output impedance is 75 ohms;

Input on EtherREGEN = requires 10MHz clock. The BNC jack and termination resistor of the EtherREGEN are for a 75ohm clock line.

Any thoughts? 

And in an attempt to bring things back on track, this is an interesting article that deals with the EtherREGEN but does she light on some information on the Cybershaft and the Afterdark master clock units: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/59419-master-clock-for-your-etherregen/

17 hours ago, deepthought said:

So without having to start a new thread but not wanting to send this one off topic. I bought a 75ohm BNC to BNC cable last week and fitted it between my SU6 and my Etheregen. Turned off the Etheregen and then switched it to external clock" then restarted it. Nuffin. No data activity.  I tried a second cable, just in case but still no activity.  I power cycled and went back to the internal clock 

Spec's for the 2 devices are:

SU6 - WCLK output uses BNC interface, the level is TTL (no load), the output impedance is 75 ohms;

Input on EtherREGEN = requires 10MHz clock. The BNC jack and termination resistor of the EtherREGEN are for a 75ohm clock line.

Any thoughts? 

And in an attempt to bring things back on track, this is an interesting article that deals with the EtherREGEN but does she light on some information on the Cybershaft and the Afterdark master clock units: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/59419-master-clock-for-your-etherregen/

Did you unplug the power cable for let say 15 seconds, then plug in back .. I did have the same experience .. unplug > switch between internal and external > plug in back, works