Balance Issue - Rotel RA-971 MkII Integrated.

G'day Folks.

My amp seems to be a little louder in the left chanel.  It doesn't have balance control.

It's not a big difference... but, annoying enough.  The sound balances when I move my head about 12" to the right.

I'm wondering what causes this issue...  and, would it be rectified with a check up and service?

Or, would it be a specific repair?

Regards.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Have you tried with another amplifier. Have you tried with a different input device ie cd player. 

Could be something as simple as a poor connection to more serious issue of amp getting out of spec due to component wear. Check the simple things first.

Thanks @niss_man & @Neurone

Yeah, I've done the simple checks... I have a Denon AVC-A1 set up in the same room.  Definitely an issue with the Rotel.

I use a BluRay, temporarily for CD's, until my deck gets sorted, a media player for digital...  and also TV set up.

I've tried all inputs, swapped cables and speakers etc.

The Denon is fine.

Have you swapped the left and right channels on both input (RCA) and output (speakers) of the amp? If the balance issue switches sides then the amp is likely at fault.

51 minutes ago, Steffen said:

Have you swapped the left and right channels on both input (RCA) and output (speakers) of the amp? If the balance issue switches sides then the amp is likely at fault.

Thanks mate...  actually haven't tried that.  About to head into work, may not get a chance until Sunday arvo.

I'll report back as soon as done.

On 26/02/2021 at 3:48 PM, Steffen said:

Thanks again Steffen.

Just swapped inputs and speakers...  Yes mate, favouring the right side now, instead of the left.

I'll have the amp looked at.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 1

Possibly a slightly dirty switch. Work through each/all switches in turn, ie, operate back and forth a few times and note any effect on balance.

• Like 1