Skoda Superb 200 TSI Sportline 4*4

Hello Friends,

Does anyone in the group own Skoda Superb 210 TSI Sportline 4*4? 

I am looking feedback on the car, like know issues +ve and -ve

Is DSG still have issue?

It's a same engine used on VW golf type R 

Thank you

Edited by Drunken Monk
Edit
  • MOOV changed the title to Skoda Superb 210 TSI Sportline 4*4

HI mate,

I'm assuming you mean the 206 TSI Sportline?

I've had a wagon since December 2019 as my work vehicle and it's the best all-round vehicle that I've had.  It's a nice balance of engine response/speed, handling and practicality.  My wife absolutely loves it, as do my kids (9 and 12).

Strong points:

• The engine (does a good job for a fairly large car - sub 6 seconds in the traffic light grand prix). Plenty responsive and very tractable at low revs. Modern high-compression turbocharged engines are a thing of beauty. Launch control is also very effective, although you really won't use it more than a handful of times in a 'public road' situation. 
  • The "Batman-Dark Night" interior with dark headlining (well designed and comfortable on short and long trips alike)
  • The overall interior packaging and space. The boot is cavernous and you can carry heaps of goodies with the rear seats folded down, and the leg room for rear seat passengers is peerless in this class - seriously limousine-spec!
  • The adjustable (and customisable) driving modes are good too - particularly re: the suspension dampers and the steering weight. I rarely use the full sport mode for normal driving, as people think you're trying to race them and you look like a bit of an idiot, but it's a load of fun. I've got the custom mode set up with all of the settings on sport apart from the engine/gearbox. This gives a nice responsive feel to the handling and steering etc but without the added engine revs and noise.
  • The Canton audio system isn't half-bad - no complaints there.
  • Fuel economy - for a car of this size, not too bad really. About 900km from the 65L tank on the freeway, and around 10L per 100km around town subject to the right foot and the length of the journeys. She needs 95 RON minimum, and for a performance engine 98 RON really is a no-brainer anyway.

Downsides

• Yes, the DSG occasionally has a stutter here and there. It's by no means perfect and not as smooth and predictable as a good modern auto. It's a tad slow on normal take-offs too - you can pretty much feel that there is a clutch disengaging on take-off and you need to allow for this. You soon adapt and it's largely a non-issue - you just can't stomp the pedal on take-off and get the same kind of launch that you'd expect with a normal torque-converter auto gearbox. 
  • I'd also like a different range of suspension settings for the adjustable dampers... something a bit stiffer for really sporty driving, and something midway between sport and comfort. The outright comfort settings are quite soft and wallowy. 
  • I'd also like another 60kW and 100nM or so - just to perk her up a bit more.  This is only an ECU reflash away, but doesn't help with a work vehicle or if you are concerned about warranty. Whilst it is technically the same engine as the Golf R, it is detuned a bit, and also features the 6 speed DSG rather than the 7 speed as per the Golf R.
  • I've just had the rear tailgate locking motor replaced under warranty, as the auto tailgate wasn't properly locking. No dramas there apart form needing to drop the car off and pick it up. 

I'll definitely be getting another one this coming December (subject to availability). The new  MY21 models also come standard with the digital dash which was an option on the older models.

skoda1.jpg

skoda2.jpg

skoda3.jpg

skoda4.jpg

skoda5.jpg

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @pete_mac

Much appreciated your help, very detailed write up.

Skoda has 206 TSI and 210 TSI.

Edited by Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Thanks @pete_mac

Much appreciated your help, very detailed write up.

Skoda has 206 TSI and 210 TSI.

Ah, you're thinking of the Superb Scout 200TSI methinks?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/860596/2020-skoda-superb-scout-review-200tsi-special-edition/

It's an interesting variant - a smidgen less kW (not noticeable), a 7 speed DSG instead of the 6 speed DSG in the 206TSI, and a petrol particulate filter (which is a bit of an oddball inclusion).  The suspension is raised slightly, and the interior has some different trim details etc.  I'd suspect that it would drive very nicely indeed, but it wouldn't handle quite as well as the 206TSI Sportline.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

Ah, you're thinking of the Superb Scout 200TSI methinks?

Yes @pete_mac. My mistake it's 200 TSI not 210TSI.

Thanks

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yes @pete_mac. My mistake it's 200 TSI not 210TSI.

Thanks

All good!

Either of these variants are excellent cars for sure. 

The newly reworked Skoda Octavia is also a good thing - it borrows many styling cues from the Superb and is a far nicer looking car than the old Octavia. The RS version features the Golf GTI drivetrain with 180kW and is FWD only, but it's a slightly smaller car overall. The boot is still enormous though!

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Just checked the Octavia RS spec's..looks great.. I think FWD is the only downside.

Thanks @pete_mac

Yeah, agreed. It does have the decent LSD from the Golf, but I suspect that you could easily spin-up the wheels if you tried hard enough, especially in the wet.

The RS is also a bit more 'lairy' with the red detailing/trim and RS badging etc - whilst the Superb is a bit more of a sleeper. 

• Like 1

• MOOV changed the title to Skoda Superb 200 TSI Sportline 4*4

I have a friend who bought a Skoda a few years ago, (not sure which model but it looks similar to the one in this thread).

He and his wife both love the car but not when it came time to get a trade in on another new car.

The price offered was so low he just walked away in disgust.

I haven't checked the red book figures but do Skodas hold their values generally or was there's just a bad example?

14 minutes ago, progladyte said:

I have a friend who bought a Skoda a few years ago, (not sure which model but it looks similar to the one in this thread).

He and his wife both love the car but not when it came time to get a trade in on another new car.

The price offered was so low he just walked away in disgust.

I haven't checked the red book figures but do Skodas hold their values generally or was there's just a bad example?

I think that is normal.  similar large depreciation happens for Peugeot's, Citroens and Renaults. there resale value is crap.  my mate had a Peugeot 506 and wanted to change after 2 years. Trade offered was crap, but he had a harder time selling it 2nd hand.

• Like 1