Album art not loading in network player

I have a Camebridge Audio CXN (V2) network player and I am trying to play album files controlled by their free Android phone app. I'm loading my albums (mainly FLAC filles) onto a USB hard drive using the recommended library structure. I'm using MP3TAG to check and occasionally re-organize the metadata in the album files. Initially things were going well and I managed to get 5 albums loaded to the HDD plugged it into the Camebridge player and everything worked perfectly from the Android app. Most of the albums have embedded album art in the files and everything loads, displays and plays perfectly. I have managed to pull in cover artwork from various sources for some albums and add it to the files without issue. But ... I have a Joni Mitchell folder with 2 separate sub folders containing the tracks for 2 of her albums ... Hejira and Wild Things Run Fast. I have attempted to provide cover art jpgs for both albums. Everything seems to look correct in MP3TAG (but obviously it's not). The albums can be found and displayed on the app ... tracks play in the correct sequence ... but no cover art for the albums or the individual tracks. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan and Greg ... I've just popped in here to have a quick look and greatly appreciate your responses ... I can't try your suggestions right now but definitely will ... and return here with the results.

Cheers guys. 

Another thing to consider is the resolution of the album art. Too high and it may not display as well.
I've had a few older devices in the past that could not handle a resolution over 600x600 - either embedded in the file or as external image file. 

Oh just remembered another possible thing.
Check that any embedded album art is actually correctly tagged as the 'Front Album Cover'. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 3:27 AM, Dan Gravell said:

... if you are using USB storage it used to be (it might have changed) that a Folder.jpg was used in preference to embedded art. Do you have a Folder.jpg?

Thanks so much for this Dan and apologies for taking so long to get back here. As you suggested, I had omitted to include the album art jpg inside the folder containing the album music files. All is good now that I have done so. It doesn't seem to matter how the jpg is named ... as long as it has the jpg extension. Interestingly, and possibly why it didn't occur to me initially, I have several albums on the drive that don't have the jpg inside the album music folder and the album art is still displayed!? - So something else is going on.

Edited by gregmacc