Jump to content

Sony announce new VR helmet for 2022 release


Recommended Posts

Sony has announced some general details about it's update to the VR helmet, expected release is for 2022.

 

The two big bit's of news revealed is that It's not going to be wireless for a start, but only one wired will be needed.

And the helmet will have Improved resolution [it needs it ]

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56175254

 

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/introducing-the-next-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Sony has announced some general details about it's update to the VR helmet, expected release is for 2022.

 

The two big bit's of news revealed is that It's not going to be wireless for a start, but only one wired will be needed.

And the helmet will have Improved resolution [it needs it ]

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56175254

 

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/introducing-the-next-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/

 

I never embraced VR. Like the old motion cameras from the previous PS3/X360 era, I felt it was a fad. And while it seems they made several genuinely good games for the format, it appears it has been flooded once again with mediocre titles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

 

I never embraced VR. Like the old motion cameras from the previous PS3/X360 era, I felt it was a fad. And while it seems they made several genuinely good games for the format, it appears it has been flooded once again with mediocre titles.

 

I bought a V2 Helmet and to be honest I have rarely used it, mainly because it always seem to sweat up inside and the resolution has been too low on most games, Wipeout Omega pack excepting.

I agree about the VR games over all, a lot of so so titles, and what there are are usually short.

 

TBH Sony bringing out a new development pack for it isn't going to help matters, it's just another expense for any studio that might consider making a VR game, and train a few staff to work solely on it.

There is already a compatibility problem with the PS5 using the current VR helmet, you need a adapter.

 

I got a Email from Sony on the 8th of Dec 2020 asking my to supply my VR helmet serial number to claim a adapter [They said the adapter will not be available for sale], I've had several emails since saying there is manufacturing delays, the last email said to expect it in around 8 weeks time, which would now make it around mid April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

 

I bought a V2 Helmet and to be honest I have rarely used it, mainly because it always seem to sweat up inside and the resolution has been too low on most games, Wipeout Omega pack excepting.

I agree about the VR games over all, a lot of so so titles, and what there are are usually short.

 

TBH Sony bringing out a new development pack for it isn't going to help matters, it's just another expense for any studio that might consider making a VR game, and train a few staff to work solely on it.

There is already a compatibility problem with the PS5 using the current VR helmet, you need a adapter.

 

I got a Email from Sony on the 8th of Dec 2020 asking my to supply my VR helmet serial number to claim a adapter [They said the adapter will not be available for sale], I've had several emails since saying there is manufacturing delays, the last email said to expect it in around 8 weeks time, which would now make it around mid April.

Ouch! 

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...