Are you happy with your setup.

8 minutes ago, wen said:

@NIN , it's never a better one , only another one, now as for the system, have been happy ,BUT, fortunatly/unfortunatly listened to my brothers and thought ,WOW, so new amp on the way, this may change which is system No1, which is tube amp, No2 SS amp, No3 vintage Sansui, the tube amp may be No2, time will tell, might consider selling some components, maybe.......

You have not experienced the better one YET,  do you know why people hardly divorce 200 years ago? Because they can't see many other 'better' woman, better figure, better look, better personality, etc.

Like most of us regular audiophiles are happy with a $3000 DAC, but for the high end users or reviewers, $20000 DAC is way better. 

Of course there is a ceiling where marginal return is so small that can be hardly noticed, but most of us would not reach it for our whole life.

Like  $1000000 speakers vs $1200000 speakers.

Have decided to change my current speaker cables (Aurealis Audio Litz 303 /3 metre) and my XLR (Burmester Audio Silver 32) interconnects to a set of Atlas Cables Hyper 3.5 Speaker Cables and the Hyper dd XLR connectors. Over the last few years I've done this with Nordost TYR 2 and Lenehan Foilflex subtle differences every time.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 24/02/2021 at 7:11 PM, sloper said:

Goodaye all

Are you happy with your setup or are you a fiddler?

After reading another thread l had to ask the question, are people chasing a unicorn or just have to much money and bored?

Me l am very happy and dont plan any changes at the moment.

Hey l got vintage Sansui, l pity those who dont.?

(Vintage stuff is a habit with me)

regards Bruce

Happy as its the best as it could be for the moment...

Sad that i know that its not an end point for this journey...

Really mad because the kids are getting to that annoying stage - leaving thier mess, not doing homework, and  this is taking my precious listening time away in the evenings..  

Another sad point is that my TT rig aint getting no love atm...has been so for a few months now...  :( 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 10:07 PM, MattyW said:

I do have a problem with my system though at the moment....  I can't turn the damn thing off and stop listening.  I keep wanting to do something different but as soon as I hear a song I have to sit down and listen. This will get me in trouble before too long 

Totally relate, a six hour session is easily done. Just don’t tell my lovely wife ??. She wants me painting the house!

And I think that’s pretty much for all of us....if you can sit and play music and not criticise....just relax into it....that’s the end ??

• Like 1

On 24/02/2021 at 7:11 PM, sloper said:

Goodaye all

Are you happy with your setup or are you a fiddler?

After reading another thread l had to ask the question, are people chasing a unicorn or just have to much money and bored?

Me l am very happy and dont plan any changes at the moment.

Hey l got vintage Sansui, l pity those who dont.?

(Vintage stuff is a habit with me)

regards Bruce

I'm very happy with all my systems to a point I've found a sound I'm after with what I can afford and Geez it sounds great. I still have interests in other things in life as well.

Edited by Sansui77

9 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

As in my sig. It would cost me hundreds of thousands to get the improvement I'd want.

I believe you have a fantastic system. For me $50k is enough for next level.

I've always thought my speakers sound lean.

The spectrum measurement (by stereophile) is ruler flat.

But lately, being driven by a new digital source from emm labs I'm shocked how much low end the thing can actually pump out.

And while fiddling the new tpt-dac combo with a streamer, i also discovered how much the sound is being compromised by plugging both tpt and dac into the same duplex.  Putting the tpt into another ac outlet (running across the door) has allowed the sound to transcend to another whole new level.

Yes, I am not entirely happy with my system now, and with electrical cables running across the floor - but it will be a relatively cheap outlay to overhaul the electrical wiring of the whole house.....

8 minutes ago, jeromelang said:

And while fiddling the new tpt-dac combo with a streamer, i also discovered how much the sound is being compromised by plugging both tpt and dac into the same duplex.  Putting the tpt into another ac outlet (running across the door) has allowed the sound to transcend to another whole new level.

How very interesting, Jerome.  This AC outlet the tpt is now plugged into ... is it on the same cct that the outlet which the DAC is plugged into - or a separate cct?

And the streamer, I guess, is plugged into a 3rd outlet?  If so ... on yet another cct ... or what?

but it will be a relatively cheap outlay to overhaul the electrical wiring of the whole house.....

Several $K, surely?  :o

Andy

Edited by andyr

30 minutes ago, andyr said:

How very interesting, Jerome.  This AC outlet the tpt is now plugged into ... is it on the same cct that the outlet which the DAC is plugged into - or a separate cct?

And the streamer, I guess, is plugged into a 3rd outlet?  If so ... on yet another cct ... or what?

Several $K, surely?  :o

Andy

The outlets feeding the tpt and dac came from a separate MCB box independent from the rest of the other circuits feeding the whole house. This separate MCB feeds only 2 duplexes, of which the pre-amp occupies one, while the tpt & dac used to occupy the other.

I will only run 1 single source at a time (to minimise electrical and magnetic field interference), either tpt=>dac=>pre-amp, or tt=>phono=>pre-amp, so ideally at any one time, I will need at least 3 or more separate single ac outlets. The power amp feeds from another circuit shared with the whole house. The dac only has 1 emmy proprietary optical link and that means either the tpt or the streamer can be connected at any time, and not both.

OK, so what's another few $K compared to the emmy tpt-dac, right?

My more immediate concern is whether the electrical guy is cooperative enough to run each single strand of ac line in the exact directionality that i specify, because as i had found out recently and chronicled on this forum - even with raw electricity, cable directionality matters (that post got deleted because of potential safety concerns to ....).

Edited by jeromelang