System upgrade. Adelaide Ascencion Summoners? Amp pairing?

Im looking at Upgrading my current system ( luxman 1050r and Imf supercompacts) .

Thinking of getting the summoner 12pqtl from Adelaide speakers . They look like good value. I'm wondering if they will pair well with the likes of roksan k3 or MF m5si. Or if i should consider any other speaker / amp pairings. I like the sound of the IMF's with the luxman but want extra headroom, speed,clarity and the lows tightened up. 

Any recommendations most welcome. Cheers! 

Hi Greg. Obviously I don't know what your budget may be but since your speakers are quite efficient, but at he same time work well with extra power, I would suggest one of these. They are better than many people think and should match well with your Summoners.

https://klappav.com.au/collections/amplifiers/products/amc-xia-100-stereo-amplifier-with-high-current-100watts-rms-per-channel

From what I have read about the speakers from Adelaide speakers, they are fairly efficient and not a difficult load on the amplifier. Given that, a high quality, decent output amp (80-100 W) should do the trick.

@bryansamui on the forum has (or had) Adelaide speakers. Maybe he can comment on suitable amplifiers

Thanks i havnt bought the speakers or amp yet. I'm considering the summoners with the k3 or m5si. My budget is around 5k. 

4 minutes ago, WFM said:

Thanks i havnt bought the speakers or amp yet. I'm considering the summoners with the k3 or m5si. My budget is around 5k. 

That's a great budget for speakers + amplifiers. 

If you are open to buying used, you can maximise your 'bang for buck'. There are many good bargains on both speakers and amplifiers to be found in the classifieds section here.

My apologies.

My suggestions were OT and I did not realise that only AS were required.  My bad.

Cheers.

Edited by rantan
2 hours ago, WFM said:

If you do decide to order the Summoners, ask Edward@Adelaide Speakers about the sonic benefits of the Artisan cabinet upgrade. Or even consider the Artisan A1093SQTL model. 

I've owned the Summoner 863 and Monitor 823 in the standard cabinet versions. Next time I will go for the more inert, curved Artisan cabinet.

I mostly used valve amps to power the Adelaide's (38-150w) so if you're not a headbanging/bass slam type listener and based on my experience with the 863 driven by a Line Magnetic 216ia (38w), I'll mention the Line Magnetic LM-34ia that is currently for sale in the Classifieds. That's my bias for valve amps on show though 🤪.

But I've heard the Summoner 1093 partnered with an Odyssey Khartago ss power amp (120w?) and that combo produced a very impressive and enjoyable performance every time, although it couldn't best the Cymer ST-80 valve amp that my friend also used with his 1093.

The Adelaide transmission line models are tonally warmish and should be a good match with most 100w+ ss amps in your price range. 

Edited by deanB

Sweet. Thankyou. I was trying to decide between the 10 and 12" driver. Edward seemed to prefer the 12 for efficiency and extra extension. Just as long as they can keep up with double kick and and not get flabby. 

2 hours ago, WFM said:

Just as long as they can keep up with double kick and and not get flabby. 

Then you're barking up the right tree going for the transmission line design. They'll initially sound a bit uneven but after about 20-30 hours it all gets it's act together and you're grinning.

Regarding artisan cab and sqtl vs pqtl. I probably would go the 10sqtl as it closer to my price range. 12pqtl being $ 1700 and 10sqtl around $2100. 

As far as amps go im really on the fence between seperates ( emotive xp2 and coffee pre or something) and rega elicit r or k3 MF m5si. Too many options and variables! Argghhhh

"Definitely the taller 1293SQTL will sonically be more extended, airy, open and realistic, and uses higher end drivers; whereas the 1293PQTL, though not far behind, is just a little less "audiophile" you could say, the Artisan cabinet adds more to unique looks than sound, other than maybe allowing a little more bass depth. Thanks."

Or Naska80...... aaarghhhhhhh