Piano Black Speaker Repair

They originally were dragged along the floor by a ‘courier’ I had them repaired. The filling of the deep cracks were fixed up but the paint used was wrong and it cracked. The new paint can be removed by spirits or by sanding, but underneath is a sanded back clear coat and the repair work. I need someone who can remove the new paint, sand and re finish in 2 pack. Speakers can be removed from the cabinet, apart from the decoupled tweeter (they are B&w cm10 s2)

4EFFA811-026D-48F8-A681-8C9E9922513C.jpeg

9 hours ago, JimmT said:

They originally were dragged along the floor by a ‘courier’ I had them repaired. The filling of the deep cracks were fixed up but the paint used was wrong and it cracked. The new paint can be removed by spirits or by sanding, but underneath is a sanded back clear coat and the repair work. I need someone who can remove the new paint, sand and re finish in 2 pack. Speakers can be removed from the cabinet, apart from the decoupled tweeter (they are B&w cm10 s2)

4EFFA811-026D-48F8-A681-8C9E9922513C.jpeg

Hello James,

Get some recommendations near to you for a panel repair shop that has a good painter and then see if they’re interested in quoting a small  job for you. The damaged surface will need to go back to the substrate, primed and the 2 pack poly applied. The other surfaces may just need to be prepared and an intermediate coat applied prior to the 2 pack finish coat.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1