Hi, I am about to upgrade my tv which is a 65* 2017 Panasonic TH-65EX780A..

I canot find anyone selling one so not sure how much to ask.

any starting point?

many thanks

It does get tricky with used TVs, because TV prices keep going down.  I think there is probably more demand for OLED, Plasma and maybe larger 70" or more TVs.  Thus, for LED TVs, you may have to lower the price. Some data points to consider

https://www.grays.com/retail/TH-65EX780A-P-R/audio-tv-and-home-theatre/panasonic-th-65ex780a-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-led-lcd

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/339394-fs-65-oled-panasonic-tv/?tab=comments#comment-4709930

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/331978-fs-lg-79”-4k-uhd-smart-tv/?tab=comments#comment-4668780

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/325917-sold-sold-panasonic-th-p65vt60a-65-165cm-full-hd-3d-neoplasma-tv/

If you do not have the original box, then can only sell locally.  Otherwise, consider shipping (& additional risk) to get to a larger audience.  Lastly, but not least, how desperate are you to sell?

• Thanks 1

Many thanks Snoopy.

Not desperate to sell. I wanted to buy OLED however my loungeroom is very bright so that was out of the question.

Then I wanted to get Samsung Q95T but in Perth they are now sold out so I have decided on a 75" Sony x95H or x9500H or x950H, it is all the same model, unless someone can convince me that there is a better TV out there for around $4,000?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 11:22 PM, Arry74 said:

any starting point?

many thanks

I try to look at them in person  while sport is being played , paying close attention to lag and blurring with fast moving balls etc. Even if you don't watch sport a lot, the lag  eventually becomes noticeable on regular movies and shows as you watch the TV more.  Sony seem to be pretty good in that area.

Also check the software differences between the TV's - it does make a difference over time. For example, do they all have all of the streaming apps available?  I think some Sony and Samsung models also have Apple TV app which many others makes  don't.  Can you use Airplay and/or Chromecast with the TV's?  Do the TV's have built in blue-tooth that will allow syncing with blue-tooth headphones?      I didn't realise how useful these would be when I first bought a smart TV

Viewing angle - they are not all the same so auditioning  is important. However.  if you don't need the widest viewing angle in your room it wont really matter. 

On 24/02/2021 at 2:22 AM, Arry74 said:

any starting point?

many thanks

I have the exact same TV.

Your in a unique position, one good the other not so good.

First the good, the Panasonic EX780a is not only 4K, but also the last 3D TV made, and once calibrated can give current TV's in the $4k range a run for their money, it has 200HZ refresh so it's also excellent as a gaming TV.

The not so good is Panasonic has pulled out of the TV market in Australia, and your warranty would have run out, so if anything were to go wrong with it, it might be very hard to get fixed.

Even so, if you pushed the fact that it is the last 3D TV made, and that it is also the only 3D TV ever made that is also 4K, I reckon about $1000-1200 would be the most you could reasonably ask for it, depending on condition, and that's if you have 3D glasses for it [can easily get two pairs of suitable ones off Ebay for under $100], which I'm guessing would be around $1500 to $1700 less than you payed for it back in 2017 when they ran this model out.[It had a RRP of $4550 when released in 2016 ]

Your biggest problem might be with shipping it to whoever bought it, as it's no light weight at 65KG, and that's if you have the original box.

Edited by Tweaky
  • 1 month later...

3 hours ago, donnybat said:

Sony Z9D is also a 4K 3D capable tv

Yeah ;too bad its been replaced by the Z9F ; how hard would it be to leave the 3d processor thats been amortised in the top line lcd ?

13 hours ago, cwt said:

Yeah ;too bad its been replaced by the Z9F ; how hard would it be to leave the 3d processor thats been amortised in the top line lcd ?

I don't understand that either tbh. 

2 minutes ago, donnybat said:

I don't understand that either tbh. 

Just that theres plenty of redundant now replaced tv's that dont do 3d anymore . With all the 3d tv series that have gone with 3d capability the 3d chipsets would be a fraction of the cost of the r&d for it and the cost would be amortised with the volumes/ scale of production over time ..

When you see tvs getting bigger - 100" and projectors still with 3d its a curious illogical thing imho  :)