FS: Krell FPB 400CX Power Amp

Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Stanhope Gardens
State: NSW
Payment Method: EFT, Cash or PayPal as friend
Reason for selling: Change

Further information: Krell FPB 400 CX power amp for sale. 

I have been using it for just over a year and has been a very engaging and gives life to the music and best bass I’ve heard in my system is through these. 

On the front, it has 3 LEDs and one of them does not glow some times, as shown in the picture, otherwise, it is in great condition. The LED does not affect the sound in any way.  

if not for a significant upgrade, I would have kept it.

I don’t have boxes for it, so local pickup only at this stage.

Any questions, please let me know.

Photos:

5B610D3D-9B96-4A74-BC03-BF577CB9A7E3.jpeg

66AC42F9-4F22-49ED-9A10-74D1CDC1B842.jpeg

B6FF8832-56B0-4676-94EC-1A9D7796C7CC.jpeg

2BD98D92-6B07-456B-BB43-F43766AFC926.jpeg

D6684380-9071-4568-B108-1797F77D17B9.jpeg

9CC31C30-BDD5-4D48-8C11-E75F0245829F.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It says Class A, but not sure how much of it is Class A..

2 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

No shipping to Melbourne then....Damn!

If you change your mind let me know.

Will do..

Edited by NKMA

I've been getting a lot of queries regarding the LED. Other than the light, I haven't heard any issues i.e. there is no difference, when all three are on vs only two.

I am planning to get it checked this week.

So on hold for now.

If anyone knows a Sydney based Technician who can check this Krell out, please PM me.

Thanks.

Len Wallis Audio in Lane Cove would be an option surely. The top led is obviously for standby mode, left led indicates the bias control is ok, right indicates power regulation is ok, i think. I believe that if there is any problem with these systems that the relays will not open and the amp won’t function. So it should just be a prob with the led or it’s connection. Still should be checked. If i didn’t have a financial shocker last week i’d have already driven all the way from Ulladulla to buy it. Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kelossus said:

20 amp C19. The factory cable is quite robust and appears to be a higher gauge wire than standard cables.

The power cable if fixed at the back..so can’t be removed/changed..

Had a US plug, which I replaced with the help of an electrician to AU furutech.

35 minutes ago, NKMA said:

The power cable if fixed at the back..so can’t be removed/changed..

Had a US plug, which I replaced with the help of an electrician to AU furutech.

Silly me, that is clearly visible in the pictures. My previous Krell had a 20 amp C19 IEC on the back so I made an assumption.

• Like 1

This is pretty well the best range of Krell amps I've heard. The bottom right Led indicates the regulator is applying power to the output. Should turn off after a while. Well worth the money even if you have to get it recapped.

I'd take it to LWA for service before Chris. 

Edited by Wimbo

23 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

This is pretty well the best range of Krell amps I've heard. The bottom right Led indicates the regulator is applying power to the output. Should turn off after a while. Well worth the money even if you have to get it recapped.

I'd take it to LWA for service before Chris. 

Thanks, taking it over to LWA tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Steffen said:

Yes, according to the pics the power cord is attached to the amp. What I was wondering is, what sort of plug is on the other end, i.e. what kind of power outlet is required?

image.thumb.jpeg.bde15dee9dfdcf0fbd3228cd0543e0fa.jpeg

I’m guessing 15A?

I have a dedicated 30A (remember the electrician mentioning it to me) line for music, however, the wall socket looks like the 10A. 

Before I had the dedicated line whenever the washing machine or dryer is on, I wont be able to listen to music, as it will pause for a second and then play again...which after the dedicated line went away.

1 hour ago, MusicForever said:

Did I miss something above?  Why did it originally have a US plug?  Was it originally a 110V unit?  

Not sure how was it, but it is called out at 240v at the back of the amp, however it had US plugs..