Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Stanhope Gardens
State: NSW
Payment Method: EFT, Cash or PayPal as friend
Reason for selling: Change

Further information: Krell FPB 400 CX power amp for sale. 

I have been using it for just over a year and has been a very engaging and gives life to the music and best bass I’ve heard in my system is through these. 

On the front, it has 3 LEDs and one of them does not glow some times, as shown in the picture, otherwise, it is in great condition. The LED does not affect the sound in any way.  

if not for a significant upgrade, I would have kept it.

I don’t have boxes for it, so local pickup only at this stage.

Any questions, please let me know.

Photos:

5B610D3D-9B96-4A74-BC03-BF577CB9A7E3.jpeg

66AC42F9-4F22-49ED-9A10-74D1CDC1B842.jpeg

B6FF8832-56B0-4676-94EC-1A9D7796C7CC.jpeg

2BD98D92-6B07-456B-BB43-F43766AFC926.jpeg

D6684380-9071-4568-B108-1797F77D17B9.jpeg

9CC31C30-BDD5-4D48-8C11-E75F0245829F.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • wolster changed the title to FS: Krell FPB 400CX Power Amp

It says Class A, but not sure how much of it is Class A..

2 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

No shipping to Melbourne then....Damn!

If you change your mind let me know.

Will do..

Edited by NKMA

I've been getting a lot of queries regarding the LED. Other than the light, I haven't heard any issues i.e. there is no difference, when all three are on vs only two.

I am planning to get it checked this week.

So on hold for now.

If anyone knows a Sydney based Technician who can check this Krell out, please PM me.

Thanks.

Len Wallis Audio in Lane Cove would be an option surely. The top led is obviously for standby mode, left led indicates the bias control is ok, right indicates power regulation is ok, i think. I believe that if there is any problem with these systems that the relays will not open and the amp won’t function. So it should just be a prob with the led or it’s connection. Still should be checked. If i didn’t have a financial shocker last week i’d have already driven all the way from Ulladulla to buy it. Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Steffen said:

I wonder what type of mains plug it has.

20 amp C19. The factory cable is quite robust and appears to be a higher gauge wire than standard cables.

59 minutes ago, kelossus said:

20 amp C19. The factory cable is quite robust and appears to be a higher gauge wire than standard cables.

The power cable if fixed at the back..so can’t be removed/changed..

Had a US plug, which I replaced with the help of an electrician to AU furutech.

Yes, according to the pics the power cord is attached to the amp. What I was wondering is, what sort of plug is on the other end, i.e. what kind of power outlet is required?

image.thumb.jpeg.bde15dee9dfdcf0fbd3228cd0543e0fa.jpeg

I’m guessing 15A?

Edited by Steffen
35 minutes ago, NKMA said:

The power cable if fixed at the back..so can’t be removed/changed..

Had a US plug, which I replaced with the help of an electrician to AU furutech.

Silly me, that is clearly visible in the pictures. My previous Krell had a 20 amp C19 IEC on the back so I made an assumption.

• Like 1

This is pretty well the best range of Krell amps I've heard. The bottom right Led indicates the regulator is applying power to the output. Should turn off after a while. Well worth the money even if you have to get it recapped.

I'd take it to LWA for service before Chris. 

Edited by Wimbo
23 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

This is pretty well the best range of Krell amps I've heard. The bottom right Led indicates the regulator is applying power to the output. Should turn off after a while. Well worth the money even if you have to get it recapped.

I'd take it to LWA for service before Chris. 

Thanks, taking it over to LWA tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Steffen said:

Yes, according to the pics the power cord is attached to the amp. What I was wondering is, what sort of plug is on the other end, i.e. what kind of power outlet is required?

image.thumb.jpeg.bde15dee9dfdcf0fbd3228cd0543e0fa.jpeg

I’m guessing 15A?

I have a dedicated 30A (remember the electrician mentioning it to me) line for music, however, the wall socket looks like the 10A. 

Before I had the dedicated line whenever the washing machine or dryer is on, I wont be able to listen to music, as it will pause for a second and then play again...which after the dedicated line went away.

1 hour ago, MusicForever said:

Did I miss something above?  Why did it originally have a US plug?  Was it originally a 110V unit?  

Not sure how was it, but it is called out at 240v at the back of the amp, however it had US plugs..

Some were imported by the importer as 240v 50hz but had to have the power plugs changed.

• Like 1

This amp was purchased from classA audio.  I assume it was a US import.  The plug was left as a US plug as it was beautiful big solid construction.  Rather than change the plug from the way Krell made it just use a consonance power board.  

I can say it’s a VERY good amp.  When I last saw it it was in great condition.  All the caps were good.  I assume one of the trademark Krell blue LED’s is on the way out but it should be good otherwise.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Luke1811
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brunswick East State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information:
       I am selling my Cambridge CX80 it has been a great amp. I purchased it from Carlton AV 24 months ago.
      The reason I am selling is having recently upgraded to a Devialet integrated. 
      The CX80 has minor marks shown in the photo apart from that it is a awesome bit of kit.   i don't have the original box unfortunately.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Doctor Faustus
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT or Paypal (buyer pays fee) Reason for selling: NLR  
      "A superbly made product that produces superb sound" - Michael Fremer, Stereophile

Stereophile Class A Recommended Component

Current model - rrp  $7990 The manual, alternative impedance cards and extra high quality resistors are included. Use the preselected impedance jumpers or make your own custom jumpers with supplied cards and resistors.  
      Review:
      "The Audia Flight Phono combined pitch-black backgrounds and world-class dynamic presentation with a clean, ultrafast top end and a taut, well-extended bottom end." Stereophile Class A Recommended Component

"...nothing but sonic pleasure... the Flight Phono produced music out of what subjectively sounded like an even blacker backdrop, and probably partly because of that, its soundstage presentation was among the most transparent, deep, and three-dimensional I've heard from any phono stage."
      MF - Stereophile

A separate power supply, dedicated input preamplifier boards, high gain (74dB maximum) and low noise are only a few of its characteristics.

The separate power supply was chosen to improve the shield of the preamp and to reduce the vibrations and resonance from the transformers to zero.

Power supply
      The Audia Flight Phono Preamp's power supply is separate from the preamp chassis. A 50VA toroidal transformer supplies the analogue stages. On it is placed the first power supply (+/- 38V).
      Inside the separate power supply there is a 15VA toroidal transformer as well, to supply the relays and logic control. Previous user selections are stored in memory. To receive the commands from the pushbutton of the preamp chassis without electrical connections, several opto-isolators are used.

There is also a low noise MOSFET power supply (+/-28V) on the preamp chassis for the second gain stage and another power supply for the first gain stage (+/- 15V). Thus, there are six power supplies in total!

Preamp
      The Audia Flight Phono Preamp is based on Audia Flight's current feedback philosophy. The MC and MM input preamp boards are different, because MC and MM cartridges have different electrical characteristics. The MC preamp board is a transistor input preamp with 64 dB of gain. The MM preamp board is a differential transistor input stage with 40dB of gain. Both have low noise and low offset output. On both input boards, the impedance selectors are close to the input stage and are made by professional gold jumpers. Custom resistors can also be used for precise cartridge matching from the rear panel.

After the first gain stage is the input selector, which is made with gold contact relays. Following this is the RIAA filter in passive configuration. It is made with 1% polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors. In this position, it's possible to select a subsonic IEC filter as well.

The second gain output stage, which is completely redesigned, has improved speed and signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio. The second gain stage is switchable from 24 dB to 34 dB and has a balanced XLR output.

A mono selector is an important element in achieving the best sound while using a stereo cartridge to play a mono record. The Audia Flight Preamp's mono selector sums the left and right channels together in the same manner as a mono cartridge would, which provides improved sonic performance.

The Preamp board features DC offset protection; if there is an offset voltage, this feature will protect the unit and all others connected to it.

Information:
      Gain MC 64 dB + 10 dB (74 dB in total) / MM 44 dB + 10 dB (54 dB in total) Frequency response (1Wrsm, -3db) 5Hz - 120 KHz THD <0.05% S/N ratio >90dB “A” weighted RIAA accuracy +/- 0.1 dB Channel Unbalance <0.04 dB Stereo separation >95 dB @ 10 KHzMC input impedance from 7 ohm to 980 ohm in eight steps plus a custom resistor value MM input impedance from 47pF to 600 pF in twelve steps plus a custom capacitor value Output impedance All outputs 500 ohm Phase Non inverted Maximum consumption 65WDimensions and weight 420x92x330mm (WxHxD), 10.5 Kg Original Box not included  

Edited December 29, 2020 by Doctor Faustus .
    • By jdh500
      Item Condition: Original owner Used but works as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: West Ryde metro Sydney 2114 State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup, EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR upgraded to Bel canto DAC 3.5 mk2 Further information:

Message me with any questions, purchased locally from Sydney HiFi dealer, comes supplied with original packaging, remote, power cord and user manual. Designed and Manufactured in the USA.

This is roon tested, works perfectly with all digital sources upto 24/192, also has a 24/96 usb input, true analogue input that can be set as a handy HT bypass to allow seamless integration with Home theatre receivers for better 2ch music, comes equiped with optical Tos link, 2x coax digital inputs, AES xlr style digital input and usb and analogue input.

Both balanced and unbalanced output for connection to power amp or high end pre-amp, the DAC 2.5 can be set for fixed or variable output.

The current Bel canto DAC 2.7 is near identical other than the usb input higher 24/192 bit rate but retails for over $4000.

Pickup available, otherwise can ship at buyers cost probably $30 to $40. 

link to manual:

https://belcantodesign.com/pdfs/UG_DAC2_5v1.pdf

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By CustomHT
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Credit Card, Paypal, Zip, Humm Reason for selling: Further information: 
      We've been helping the previous Artnovion Distributor clear their remaining stock at 45% off RRP with free delivery.

The remaining clearance Artnovion Products can be seen here with remaining stock levels and clearance pricing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jC7u0rRnv4oDZE_Dk9QcdAJBTvKPH-Brz6mlDbh8uoA/edit?usp=sharing

Remaining Jaya Diffusion Panels:

Jaya W - Lacquered Wood - Rouge (Red) 3 pcs  x 1 ctn $840 Jaya W - Marron (Brown) 4 pcs  x 2 ctn $879 Jaya W - Noir (Black) 4 pcs x 1 ctn $879 Jaya W - Wenge (Dark Brown) 4 pcs x 1 ctn $879  

Example: 

Product link: https://www.artnovion.com/product-categories/8-diffusion/products/32-jaya-w-diffuser

Purpose
      - Improving low frequency response
      - Flutter echo control
      - Specular reflection control
      - Enlarging sweet spot

Recommended for
      - Hi-Fi Listening Room
      - Media Room
      - Home Cinema

Type: 2D - Geometric Diffuser

Scattering range: 600 Hz to 6000 Hz

Available fire rate:
      FG | Furniture Grade

Materials:
      - Natural wood veneer | Lacquered HMDF
      - HMDF and plywood structure

Four M6 Screw Thread receiver included om each panel.

Integrated fixing system already incorporated on the panel.

Dimensions:
      FG - LW | 595x595x150mm

• By dddesy
      Item Condition: some wear and tear consistent with age Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: cash on pickup,eft,paypal+3% or friends and family Reason for selling: not used Further information:These units are getting rare these days and for all you QUAD enthusiasts grab one while you can.
      This particular unit has been upgraded with all the electrolytic caps replaced,standard RCA sockets replaced with gold plated ones,wiring to the RCA sockets has been replaced with 99.9999% pure copper,all the op amps have new gold plated sockets fitted,old TL071 op amps have been replaced with a modern LM4562 op amps.With the sockets fitted it is easy to try other op amps to tailor the sound to the individuals taste.Internally the unit is very clean,all lights and controls work perfectly with no noise or scratchiness.The working condition of the unit is excellent.
      Cosmetically it has some wear and tear consistent with the age of the unit.Some light sratches on top and bottom and small chips here and there.Some paint worn on the volume control(see pics).The fascia panel is good and the back panel is also good.Could possibly be repainted to make it look like new again.
      Would prefer local pickup,if no interest will ship.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.