Best way of connecting my DAP to my Denon AV Receiver (Cables/settings i need) Very dumb person here.

Sorry guys i think i really need this dumbed down for me to connect my Astell & Kern Kann Alpha DAP to my denon av receiver. I have a bunch of FLAC and DSD files i'd like to play on my speakers. Kann Alpha has 2.5mm,4.4mm and 3.5mm output.
What exact cable do i need to successfully play my songs on the av receiver? 
Here is a photo of the back of my denon

So to get the best possible sound quality, what exact cable do i need? and where do i insert said cable? Also what settings do i need to set on my Kann Alpha?
I tried a 3.5mm to RCA and inserted it in the CD white and red input but when playing music it sounded horrible.

So im a bit dumbfounded about what i need to do.

Thanks

IMG_5509.JPG

Edited by jeffers1984

On you Denon AV select pure direct mode and try again.  This bypasses all the DSP circuits in the receiver which can add distortion to your analogue input.  I had to do this on my Yamaha Pre until I got myself a dedicated 2 channel system.

12 minutes ago, madfonzy said:

On you Denon AV select pure direct mode and try again.  This bypasses all the DSP circuits in the receiver which can add distortion to your analogue input.  I had to do this on my Yamaha Pre until I got myself a dedicated 2 channel system.

Thanks for the reply. So basically use the same 3.5mm to rca put it in the cd  white and red rca slot and choose pure direct on my receiver. 

Do i have to choose line out on my DAP? It also allows me to change voltages on the DAP i assume i have to play around with that. 

Sorry for all the dumb questions 

Figured it out. So originally i stuffed up because i put the rcas in the phono spot which was a big no no as the sound was horrendous. But it was the only way i was able to get output.

I didn't realise there is an input assign section in my denon av receiver settings to set the output to come out of analogue outs. They were set on optical for the CD mode hence why i was not getting any output. I put my Kann Alpha on line out mode and set it to 2v and we're away. Thanks so much all for the advice. I feel like a nuffy not being able to work it out till now.

Lastly Is it better to set it as pure direct or on stereo mode? 

Edited by jeffers1984