Australian & New Zealand Made Speakers

Great list, do any of them make a subwoofer that costs around $500? Used subs are really hard to find in Perth and I can't really afford to spend $1000 on an SVS. 

24 minutes ago, almikel said:

Red Spade Audio should be included

http://www.redspade.com.au/audio/index.php

Thank you, have updated...

33 minutes ago, Mikwrx said:

Great list, do any of them make a subwoofer that costs around $500? Used subs are really hard to find in Perth and I can't really afford to spend $1000 on an SVS. 

Adelaide Speakers, Krix, VAF have subs at the $1K mark.   Suggest you put a WTB (Wanted to Buy) and maybe someone in Perth may have a used one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Johnno49 said:

I don't see Richter on this list; surely they qualify as an Aussie speaker manufacturer.

They are an Australian owned and managed company, however the speakers are made in China.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Citroen said:

A few other NZ speaker makers

Textone https://www.textone.co.nz

Kea Audio http://www.keaaudio.com/

Jason Parmenter https://www.parmentersound.com/speakers

Thank you.  I have updated list.

31 minutes ago, Johnno49 said:

I don't see Richter on this list; surely they qualify as an Aussie speaker manufacturer.

I had them in the main list ANZ made Hifi gear, but accidentally left them here. Now, updated...

27 minutes ago, rantan said:

They are an Australian owned and managed company, however the speakers are made in China.

Technically you are correct, but I think they are Australian enough to be on this list (and I accidentally left them off here!).

3 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Agreed. 
they are superb value too 👍

Also and importantly, they sound very good indeed when I heard them, even though they were connected to a very ordinary amplifier.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, g2x said:

Great list.. can special attributesbofvtheanufacturer be added to the list ?

Krix = known for cinema and  home theatre speakers

Adelaide Speakers = transmission line speakers etc

A good idea, but probably too much work? 

On 22/05/2021 at 7:36 PM, Third Time Lucky said:

Are there any Australian manufacturers that make open baffles apart from Kyron Audio? I'm interested in getting them as a speaker upgrade, but I think I might have to get some Triart Audio ones at this rate.

Actually, if you're referring to the Kyron 'Gaias', Jon ... I think you would have to refer to them as "zero baffle"!  :)  And you need - as I heard said recently - "a wallet that 5 men need to carry" ... in order to pay for them.  :lol:

Perhaps the new spkrs I've just made for myself would fit the bill?  They have recently replaced my 3-way active Maggies.

See attached pics - colour is your choice (from quite a wide range of powder-coat colours).  :)

To make these run, you will need:

• 2x stereo amps of at least 50wpc into 4 ohms.
  • 2x stereo subs (which take over at 90-150Hz)
  • and a miniDSP active XO. 

PM me if you're interested.

Andy

Satori Red - Playing.jpg

Satori Red - Front.jpg

Satori Red - Side.jpg

12 hours ago, andyr said:

Actually, if you're referring to the Kyron 'Gaias', Jon ... I think you would have to refer to them as "zero baffle"!  :)  And you need - as I heard said recently - "a wallet that 5 men need to carry" ... in order to pay for them.  :lol:

Perhaps the new spkrs I've just made for myself would fit the bill?  They have recently replaced my 3-way active Maggies.

See attached pics - colour is your choice (from quite a wide range of powder-coat colours).  :)

To make these run, you will need:

• 2x stereo amps of at least 50wpc into 4 ohms.
  • 2x stereo subs (which take over at 90-150Hz)
  • and a miniDSP active XO. 

PM me if you're interested.

Andy

Satori Red - Playing.jpg

Satori Red - Front.jpg

Satori Red - Side.jpg

Hi Andy,

What is the ribbon you have there?

On 18/02/2021 at 10:32 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Pitt & Giblin https://www.pittandgiblin.com.au/  speakers

I'd never heard of these before, but remember how pretty they were in the "Look at the pretty machines" thread.

Now imagining a trip back  to Tassie- Cradle Mountain Lodge King Bili suite then auditioning these gorgeous things.... sooo tempting!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, notchasingrainbow said:

Great thread! 

Came across the Pitt and Giblin brand from TAS a couple months back, and was wondering how the superwax and the superwax mini sound with the hypex amp. Thinking of simplying my rig. 

Looking forward to hear some feedbacks!

I was going to go with a couple of mates to the bar in Brunswick that installed them to check them out but then lockdown hit so it’s been postponed (like everything else). Maybe in the next few weeks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

8 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I was going to go with a couple of mates to the bar in Brunswick that installed them to check them out but then lockdown hit so it’s been postponed (like everything else). Maybe in the next few weeks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yes, Ross of Pitt & Giblin told me about it, the Waxflower is the name of the bar if not mistaken. Would love to check it out as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...