Paging Dr. Feickert. Is there a Dr. in the house?

There is now!

We are very proud and excited to welcome Dr. Feickert Analogue turntables to Frank Prowse HiFi. This also brings Sorane tonearms exclusively to our portfolio (separate post incoming)

For those who have seen these units in the flesh, you will know these sound as beautiful as they look. However, have a read about Chris Feickert - the man behind the brand:-

"From the age of 13 to receiving his PhD in Physics and Chemistry, Chris Feickert pursued the goal of building 'tables that solve common deficiencies such as speed stability, mechanical vibration, and more. His designs are the result of competent, proven engineering that translates into head-turning vinyl playback, tangible experiences, and near-effortless setup thanks to the company's inimitable quick-sliding armboard systems.

Take, for example, Woodpecker. Reflecting a tireless commitment to engrossing music reproduction, Woodpecker uses a proprietary software-controlled DC motor, 13.2-pound High Inertia Delrin platter with eight MS58 brass inserts for exacting balance and added mass, and inverted stainless-steel bearing – the latter featuring spiral grooves to pump oil and an oil-release grub screw for enhanced motor/bearing interaction. Such chemistry results in wondrous smoothness, effortless balance, and breathtaking stability. Albums you've heard hundreds of times will boast newfound degrees of openness, clarity, drive, and pacing.

In Blackbird, next-level advancements above its gorgeous sibling deck abound, including the presence of an additional motor. The 'table's two motors are placed 180 degrees from each other to ensure the heavy platter operates tangentially, eliminating any possibility of unilateral pulling. Also, tumbling movements get reduced to an absolute minimum and rumble becomes practically immeasurable. No wonder Blackbird arrives as one of the quietest turntables in its class. Our take on a recent listen? Sit-and-up-and-take-notice synchronization, accuracy, detail retrieval, solidity, and liveliness. You'll notice bountiful body from your LPs, as well as black backgrounds and dynamic contrasts that help take the recorded event into your listening room.

Feickert's flagship Firebird is a massive beast of a turntable that furthers the cause of analog playback with its two-arm capability for arms up to 12" and ingeniously engineered three-motor platform. These brushless, three-phase DC motors are laid out in an equilateral triangle form and connected to a proprietary controller in a phase-locked loop that produces extremely low jitter. Along with its siblings, Blackbird offers one-touch speed selection for 33, 45, and 78RPM while "plus" and "minus" buttons let you further incrementally dial in the speed. As for the sonics? Imagine your favorite tracks sounding smooth, lush, focused, poised, etch-free, neutral, and yet powerful and dynamic. Not to be forgotten: The unmistakable look of every Feickert deck. With a sandwich of brushed aluminum top and bottom plates with smooth beveled edges, a tempered MDF body, and real wood veneer panels, each Feickert rig stands as a handmade work of art deserving of the most luxurious environments.

We have the Volare and Woodpecker turntables due into store in about 2 weeks' time.

image.png.148fed568723011601028328cede7d3b.png

Image result for feickert volare

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, MrBurns84 said:

Looks can be deceiving.  This thing is heavy!

Heavy is always good in my books!

Probably a bit out of my league right now given my modest LP collection and limited budget, but worth drooling over!!

Any snaps of your woodpecker with the brass platter?

2 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

Heavy is always good in my books!

Probably a bit out of my league right now given my modest LP collection and limited budget, but worth drooling over!!

Any snaps of your woodpecker with the brass platter?

Sure can but i wont derail the sponsor's thread and post here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Continuing on from our busy week of turntable sales and setups last week, we are very proud of this combination - the Dr. Feickert Woodpecker turntable in all black finish, combined with the Kuzma 12" Stogi S VTA (adjustment on the fly) tonearm. The brass inserts complement the brass of the tonearm beautifully. Sound? Sublime - "Into the Void" by Nine Inch Nails sounded sensational!

Many thanks for the opportunity to be involved with this Jason, we hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!

WP10.thumb.jpg.fb87d1fcd951e3a1474da9dc5b2a5d8b.jpg

WP1.thumb.jpg.b613c5767ec8e03991d6198c21f094e1.jpg

WP2.thumb.jpg.d746ffdd48db22f3602bbf68f0e0caf7.jpg

WP3.thumb.jpg.86988efd128657fa04fe6cdf62204e4e.jpg

WP4.thumb.jpg.cc7752473a73cd41d7806025003aebbc.jpg

WP5.thumb.jpg.f523ac96dda9ec486381008674246ef3.jpg

WP6.thumb.jpg.a168afdb9619b36ee81d5bc6317b4342.jpg

WP7.thumb.jpg.3290cf7d8638ab0f978883dbe27f55c2.jpg

WP8.thumb.jpg.ac66a0814a8e7bc077a142f2fe9d5833.jpg

WP9.thumb.jpg.6cc5c7e9f435ef1d56c176450bc9d903.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1