Anyone have any news if anything has happened to Trevor from Rage Audio ?

Sent my amp in December and unfortunately no replies and I fear the worse ☹

From his web site,

image.png.3cd48139309da9943c8c469b2ecfbb04.png

Don't know the guy, good or bad...

If he is any good, give him some space, covid can be depressing, also you had the christmas new year period included, yeah, would be nice if he responded to every email, probably hasn't had a chance to look at it. Little red flag about parts, probably an excuse, I've had no issue getting parts from mouser in the US, 3 day delivery. My wait time on "customers" is 10-12weeks, not a huge margin is amp repairs.

On 18/02/2021 at 5:22 PM, mbz said:

From his web site,

image.png.3cd48139309da9943c8c469b2ecfbb04.png

Don't know the guy, good or bad...

If he is any good, give him some space, covid can be depressing, also you had the christmas new year period included, yeah, would be nice if he responded to every email, probably hasn't had a chance to look at it. Little red flag about parts, probably an excuse, I've had no issue getting parts from mouser in the US, 3 day delivery. My wait time on "customers" is 10-12weeks, not a huge margin is amp repairs.

@Funkster Meet  @Zaphod Beeblebrox This is Trevor. Ohh and not a good time to send amps for repair.

Edited by Wimbo

44 minutes ago, Funkster said:

Wimbo..Trevor doesn't get on here anymore...he was over it !

Yeah, I know he doesnt get on here anymore, but maybe he looks.

Bring attention to him. I know he can be like this from other people telling me. But, maybe someone will stick up for him. Lot of ME lovers on here.

It's not acceptable IMO. I can't believe people accept this kind of recklessness. Earle did the same thing which infuriated me yet everyone was willing to cut the guy slack.

As a small business owner I admit sometimes I am hard to get hold of and a little slack. BUT if I have your money or property I do not stuff around. It's what being an adult is about and I don't care about your situation no matter how dire it can be. If I had unforeseen health issues my first priority would be sorting out my clientele and anyone I owe anything to.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, kelossus said:

I don't care about your situation no matter how dire it can be. 

WTF!!

what sort of community banter is that statement??

God help you Chris if you ever do suffer from a life threating illness with that attitude.....take it from one who's been there...

Tase.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tasebass said:

WTF!!

what sort of community banter is that statement??

God help you Chris if you ever do suffer from a life threating illness with that attitude.....take it from one who's been there...

Tase.

If it happened I would sort out whatever I owed or possession of yours I had as a priority. May have came across a little more bluntly than I had intended but these threads pop up often about various individuals who repeat offend. I'm sick of it.

It's how I feel and I guarantee I would make good on it unless I dropped dead all of a sudden.

It's easy to take one statement out of context and get upset. I do apologize that it offended you but I'm not sorry for how I feel.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, kelossus said:

It's how I feel and I guarantee I would make good on it unless I dropped dead all of a sudden.

...Which might of happened to Trevor....

Jumping to conclusions without all the facts aint good business...the op opened a thread closing with the statement "i fear the worse"

There's comments/threads on here that I'm sick of to......but it isn't MY forum and I'll chose to comment when necessary or best of all I'll just piss off!!

There's moderators on here for a reason lets leave judgement to them....

Tase.  

• Like 2

I had contact with Trevor the other day, always treated me well as a customer. Also very good at other brands, for me mostly been Nakamichi. Sometimes you have to treat others with respect to get some.

If something has happened to Trevor all of a sudden or anyone, that would be incredibly sad. However outside of that happening or being kidnapped there is no excuse for stopping communication for months. None. Change your voicemail to explain your situation, have another family member get in touch. Many ways to deal with and I have seen it done by responsible adults many times before.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 4

Good, quick, cheap....pick any two. Trevor is good, very reasonably priced but definitely not quick.

I have an ME 25  with him at the moment and he has responded to my enquiries re it’s progress. I know he will do a good job, probably knows more about my unit than anyone else in NSW and will charge fairly. Of course I would like it back ASAP but am content with the ME 15 he lent me in the meantime.

• Like 2
On 18/02/2021 at 2:22 PM, mbz said:

Little red flag about parts, probably an excuse, I've had no issue getting parts from mouser in the US, 3 day delivery. My wait time on "customers" is 10-12weeks, not a huge margin is amp repairs.

Reliable information I have is that there is a worldwide shortage with electronics parts.  Many commonly used parts used by techs and manufacturers are in short supply.  If Trevor says he's struggling to source parts I believe him.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peter_F said:

Reliable information I have is that there is a worldwide shortage with electronics parts.  Many commonly used parts used by techs and manufacturers are in short supply.  If Trevor says he's struggling to source parts I believe him.  

I was stating that I received parts from mouser in the usual time frame. Yes there is a shortage/wait on some parts like KSC1845's.

21 hours ago, garm1520 said:

I had contact with Trevor the other day, always treated me well as a customer. Also very good at other brands, for me mostly been Nakamichi. Sometimes you have to treat others with respect to get some.

So why isnt he getting back to the OP? If you have such a good relationship with him, maybe you can ask.

4 hours ago, Peter_F said:

Even just ordering electronic components as a hobbyist from the likes of RS, Mouser and Digikey  I am finding it difficult to get commonly used parts.Boutique suppliers are starting to run low on stuff too.

Parts availability is one part of the equation ,the other is having the good manners to keep your customers informed of progress ,particularly when repair times are longer than normal due to the short supply of parts.

• Like 2

I don’t want to go into too much detail because it’s not my story, but a friend of mine has been waiting a very,  very long time for his ME to be repaired.  Certainly much longer than I would have been willing to wait or is reasonable under any circumstances.