Amp Tech Newcastle

45 minutes ago, Funkster said:

Greetings...title says it all.

Cheers

For the avoidance of doubt, it would be worth clarifying whether you are an amp tech based in Newcastle, or you are seeking an amp tech in Newcastle. :)

• Like 2

On 17/02/2021 at 12:09 PM, bob_m_54 said:

Seeing as he mentions "Amp Tech" I would say he's looking for one, otherwise he would have called himself an Electronics Technician or Audio Technician..... Title says it all LOL... ?

Ha ha ha love it !

Yes looking for amp tech...lol

• Like 1

Helpful to mention what gear needs work and what the problem is. Vintage gear is easier to work on, generally fully discrete and boards can take a bit of rework. Modern gear can be a PITA with proprietry IC's not to mention SMD's and multilayered boards. I assume this is for the ME(?). What's the problem...

On 18/02/2021 at 5:27 PM, mbz said:

Helpful to mention what gear needs work and what the problem is. Vintage gear is easier to work on, generally fully discrete and boards can take a bit of rework. Modern gear can be a PITA with proprietry IC's not to mention SMD's and multilayered boards. I assume this is for the ME(?). What's the problem...

It's for a Luxman...The ME is at Rage Audio who I have not heard back from in 2 months.

Are you from Newcastle?

2 hours ago, Funkster said:

It's for a Luxman...

Great, I've got 5 of those (apologies for the sarcasm...), model and problem would have be helpful, though I've lost interest.

2 hours ago, Funkster said:

Are you from Newcastle?

Down in Vic, not interested in taking on any repair work, plenty on my plate.

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2021 at 3:56 PM, Charly said:

Mate, give Col a call over in Mayfield. Custom audio 49600655. His tech Graham is old school can fix pretty much anything. Bit slow at present but normally very good for turnaround. 

Thank you mate will give him a call..