FS: McIntosh MA352 Hyrbid Integrated Amplifier

Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: WA
Payment Method: Paypal, Eft, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: No longer suitable

Further information:

I chose this new model McIntosh to be the best, and last, amplifier I'd ever need. 

It's a dream amplifier, hand made in New York and is more than capable of complementing any high end speakers within my budget. 

Its a regretful sale ... my plans and circumstances have changed and I have to let it go. 

It is as new in its box. 

Features

The all-analogue Hybrid design combines the best vacuum tube preamplification and solid state design principles. The valve preamplifier section is powered by two pairs of tubes: two 12AX7As and two 12AT7s.

Its output stage delivers 200W per channel into 8 ohm speakers, and 320W per channel into 4 ohm speakers.

With an output of 200W, it boasts double the power of its predecessor, the MA252.

It totes two balanced and three unbalanced inputs, plus a Moving Magnet phono input for hooking up a turntable. There's also a preamplifier output for connecting power amplifiers, and you can link it to two powered subwoofers.

As you can see, it's built like a tank, by hand in New York. The stainless steel chassis is polished to a mirrored finish, and each side boasts vintage McIntosh-styled die-cast aluminium name badges. The logo lights up, and the glass front panel has LED backlighting, so it should look pretty cool in a dark room.

Specifications

Named Best Hybrid Amplifier 2020 by Hi-Fi World

The final verdict: "The MA352 measured well in all areas. It has massive power, almost no distortion and no weak points... A stunning amplifier in sound quality and dynamic thrust. Visually alluring too." Awarded 5 out of 5 Globes. Hifi World Review

"a buyer would appreciate brand cache (and associated good resale value) while enjoying pride-of-ownership. There’s a sense of confidence in the amplifier’s effortlessness in terms of its power capabilities and its handling of music, how it functions and its overall execution. It offers a rounded set of features. It’s solidly built and assembled. It looks gloriously attractive. Finally, and most importantly, it plays music to very high standards of dynamic realism, tonal accuracy and sheer listenability." Soundstage Australia Review 

Photos:

Image result for ma352

IMG_2510 (002).jpg.png

MA352_Back_large@2x.jpg

MA352 Left Angle close up.jpg

Edited by HifiH
  • Like 2