Morning everyone

I'm currently running my a Pro-ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon Blue cart) through a Rega i/o, into wharfedale denton speakers. 

I'm thinking about upgrading the table to a Rega Planar 3, but wondered if the rega fono would be a good addition? 

Thoughts?

Cheers

Al

I think you are better off get the PSU for your P3 tgan getting the fono as your io already have the mm phono which is as good if not better than the fono mini. Unless you upgrade to a more expensive phono stage otherwise.

PSU would be my first priority and the cart next, then a better phono if budget allowed.

29 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

I think you are better off get the PSU for your P3 tgan getting the fono as your io already have the mm phono which is as good if not better than the fono mini. Unless you upgrade to a more expensive phono stage otherwise.

PSU would be my first priority and the cart next, then a better phono if budget allowed.

Hey mate thanks for the reply

At the moment I don't have the PS3  - I've got the debut carbon which is a fine player, but really tempted by the P3. 

Love the I/O fono stage. It's a cracking little amp. 

The phono stage in your io is the same as the Rega Brio amp, it is very good and probably wouldn't be improved by a Fono. I have the Elex-R and also had a Fono and could not tell any difference between the integrated phono stage and the stand alone. 

6 hours ago, DT999 said:

The phono stage in your io is the same as the Rega Brio amp, it is very good and probably wouldn't be improved by a Fono. I have the Elex-R and also had a Fono and could not tell any difference between the integrated phono stage and the stand alone. 

Interesting observation. Before I had the I/O I had the PM6006 and while that was, arguably, a better, more equipped amp, the I/O phono stage, in my mind, is way better than the PM6006

I think the general consensus seems to be that the IO is a fine amp with a fine phono stage (for this level) and the move to the Rega P3 will yield dividends