Wharfedale Linton Heritage vs Sonus faber Sonetto I

hlov

Hi all,

I am thinking in an speaker upgrade, from QEF Q350, I want bookshelfs.

I demoed the Wharfedale today and really liked it but I also like the look of the SFs, does anyone have any experience with them? My amp is a Yamaha A-S1200.

cheers

H

7 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

The Lintons are fun and incredibly musical. I think a speaker that should definitely be considered against them would be the Chario Nobile. Fabulous midrange and imaging.

Thanks mate, the Chario look great but I’m afraid too way out of my budget, any thoughts about the SFs?

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Yamaha A-S1200

My bad, shouldve re-read!

Ok, would still look/listen to Chario, keeping the price down have a look at Ghibli, or even cheaper (and the Chario speaker that capivated me), the Delphinus.

They are very efficient for standmount speakers compared to the SF and would probably be a little smoother on the ears than the Lintons (with the Yamaha, in my opinion).

2 minutes ago, BrownMagic said:

Sorry to hijack the thread. @Hydrology Have you had a chance to pair the Leak 130 with the Lintons? 

They are a lovely pairing, but I cant help but think that a few more watts under the tank would've elevated the paring to another level.

Edited by Hydrology

1 minute ago, Hydrology said:

They are a lovely pairing, but I cant help but think that a few more watts under the tank would've elevated the paring to another level.

Ah ok! What according to you is the right amp that will take it to that level? Anything in the price range of the Leak? 

On a separate note, Leak is planning to launch an amp with streaming. Could be the Quad Vena Play in leak’s clothes. This info was given to me by their customer care. 

1 hour ago, BrownMagic said:

Ah ok! What according to you is the right amp that will take it to that level? Anything in the price range of the Leak? 

On a separate note, Leak is planning to launch an amp with streaming. Could be the Quad Vena Play in leak’s clothes. This info was given to me by their customer care. 

Possibly. The Audiolab 6000A seems to have a bit more grunt than the LEAK.

On 14/02/2021 at 11:36 PM, Hydrology said:

My bad, shouldve re-read!

Ok, would still look/listen to Chario, keeping the price down have a look at Ghibli, or even cheaper (and the Chario speaker that capivated me), the Delphinus.

They are very efficient for standmount speakers compared to the SF and would probably be a little smoother on the ears than the Lintons (with the Yamaha, in my opinion).

Thank you, can’t find any Sydney dealer for Chario, will try to demo the SF

On 15/02/2021 at 12:05 AM, Al.M said:

Also, the Kef Ls50 meta, Lenehan ML1, Legend, VAF I-91, Osborne EOS and Wagner 5 inch MTM pair.

That’s a big list :), don’t like the look of the meta though but will try to see if I can demo the others.

cheers mate,

H