Finally Finished Renovating The Man Cave - Find The Hidden Clues and Score 3 Free Original CDs

Well after a period of a few weeks, the progster has finally put the finishing touches to the study, wherein copious quantities of progressive rock music and other genre are enjoyed along with a few glasses of red wine / brown lemonade / pear cider etc.

When the missus & I bought this place in 1993, I took over this room as a study and kitted it out with an assortment of furniture, stereo gear, music, books and the like only to find it needed a serious update to keep it looking like it was actually not a crypt.

New plank timber flooring was added to the room to match the rest of the house (plenty of spare planks leftover), my main desk was shortened and re-levelled thanks to my good mate @tri-k, roof and walls repainted, new floor rug added, a new 32" 1920 x 1080 screen added to make it easier on my eyes, new shelves added and everything basically put back together the way it was intended.

I also added a set-top box so I could watch TV on my computer again as the war office has taken over the one in the lounge with which she can commandeer the battlefield and issue orders from a parapet. This will need a slight tweak to get the full effect but it's great to have some choice from the idiot box that suits my taste for a change.

I offloaded a few hundred CDs recently but still have a storage problem that never goers away.

My mate Kevin, @tri-k also fabricated a set of double sliding shelves that were inserted into an existing wardrobe (see attached photo) in which I can store a few thousand discs. These were made a few years ago so there was nothing needed to be done with them apart from a repaint and the flooring.

I should mention that my original sound room was lost about 5 years ago when young son and his bride moved into that section of the house and has resided there ever since in what is effectively half the house. This held all sorts of nice gear some of which has since been sold so I am back to having to listen to everything through the following:

Onkyo TX-SR308 receiver

Thorens TD 166 MKII turntable

Laser region Free DVD player (new addition to replace an old Panasonic that had no HDMI)

B & W 602 S3 Book Shelvers (Sound superb)

Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones (sensational sound and fit

AKG K-55 headphones (not so good)

PC with usual assortment of MP3 and Flac files

I've added a few photos from which there are 4 hidden clues or details about me that you might find interesting, stupid, boring or insignificant (take yer pick).

If you can name all 4 I will send you 3 free CDs that I have spare. (First in with 4 correct answers wins)

I should mention that you should certainly list as many clues as you want, (up to a maximum of 10 answers) - you just need to have 4 correct.

Enjoy if you can.

Greg

20210214_164438.jpg

20210214_164555.jpg

20210214_164613.jpg

20210214_164642.jpg

20210214_164701.jpg

20210221_215617[1].jpg

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Easy. Peasey you trickster:

1/ The sleeping bag under the desk indicates The War Office is still cross with you.

2/ The tryptich photo set suggests you like being held horizontally by random pissed dudes.

3/ The mystery box with the letters RH in heavy text suggests you have recently been transfused from O- positive to Rhesus Negative, not that there is anything wrong with that.

4/ The dude on the screen was the bass player with an obscure progressive rock combo called YES.

It’s all so obvious when you read the coded clues.

For my prize, I would like a CD of MRS MILLS: THE TOPOGRAPHIC YEARS.

I will wait by the letter box.

Billy

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

Easy. Peasey you trickster:

1/ The sleeping bag under the desk indicates The War Office is still cross with you.

2/ The tryptich photo set suggests you like being held horizontally by random pissed dudes.

3/ The mystery box with the letters RH in heavy text suggests you have recently been transfused from O- positive to Rhesus Negative, not that there is anything wrong with that.

4/ The dude on the screen was the bass player with an obscure progressive rock combo called YES.

It’s all so obvious when you read the coded clues.

For my prize, I would like a CD of MRS MILLS: THE TOPOGRAPHIC YEARS.

I will wait by the letter box.

Billy

That's too good Dave!

Did you want the Mrs Mills 10 disc boxed set or the autographed one with her in the see through bikini?

• Like 1

Well I'm surprised a few more people haven't climbed on board yet so I'll add a PM that was sent to me a few days ago.

1. You are good with photo/picture editing software or may be a photographer as well.

2. You have a pet or like to keep your feet warm with pet beds.

3. You have a nice looking garden and dynamic lifter so probably enjoy gardening.

4. You probably own a caravan. 

5. Sounds like your good mates with Kevin

6. I guess you're on the Sunshine coast.

7. You can never have too many scissors.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Well so far, there has been one correct answer and another which could be considered half correct in that there is an additional element needed to ensure the answer is correct. .

You might need to use the magnification tool (plus) a few times to find out a few more clues.

All you young sleuths can now report for duty. ?

Edited by progladyte

Your room is looking great Proggy:

1. Yes - “On the Silent Wings of Freedom”  on PC screen on the right from Tormato album

2. Dynamic Lifter is good for tomatoes

3. Art/Album art by Roger Dean who did Yes album art on the PC screen on the left from a Yes film clip

4. Tomatoes grow in the garden (if you can keep the dog away and avoid running over the stakes and puncturing the tyres on the caravan).

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 1

Guys, I've made a subtle change on the last photo which should easily give you a few ideas to make it a lot easier to pick a clue or 2 or 3 or 96 etc

So far we have had 1 totally correct clue and another half clue.....

Keep trying as I am linking this thread to another area to increase traffic.

Gotta give this CD away......      (And no, you can't have my favourite Justine's Beaver CD)

Just remember, make up to 10 answers from which 4 have to be correct.

Playing nice Prog 

1) Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

2) Yes - On The Silent Wings Of Freedom

Also 

3) What the hell are “Period Packs “ ??

4) You like Ken Follett books 

5) Reading glasses means you are getting old ( just like me ) 

6) Who is a Commissioner Of Declarations ? 
7) Safety Tyre - you are no mechanic ?

Leave the rest for others

I am also eying off some Mrs Mills ( she is cool ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Dynamic lifter  and nice garden - someone loves gardening
  2. You may be living somewhere we you have a septic tank / anarobic system - dynamic lifter works well for keeping it in shape.
  3. Reading glasses - you are far sighted (there actually were 2 pairs of glasses in the previous photo)
  4. You are a Justice of the Peace Commissioner of Oaths package. You "work from home" and need to scan, print and shred documentation.
  5. You like making your own cd's - there are lots of them. They even are coded in some fashion - orange dots/stickers.
  6. You love scissors and watching You tube - most likely you are downloading stuff from the internet to burn on cd as well as artwork an then you print and make your own .
  7. You have/had a pet  as there is a pet bed.
  8. Like reading Ken Follet
  9. You like the Game: Cards against Humanity as you have several boxes of them.
  10. You like camping: Safety Tyre and 2 packs of cards.

:)

• Like 2

In photo

1) The blue bed under the office desk is for a pet 

Going by the size it’s most likely a dog ( show us a photo ) 

2) Bookshelf speakers 

3) Next to tyre repair kit - not sure if it’s playing cards or cassettes 

4) Dynamic Lifter has been mentioned for the garden 

5) What is missing or hiding behind closed doors 

I can’t see vinyl records ?

6) And just past those closed doors a framed picture on the floor 

Can’t see it clearly- but is it you pictured with a Prog artist 

Edited by Full Range

1. You like prog music

2. You are a keen gardener

3. You like to go camping in your caravan

4. You are a JP

5. Your are 3 metres tall

6. You used to work reporting on, photographing and reviewing bands

7. You are a tomato.

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jventer said:
  1. You like making your own cd's - there are lots of them. They even are coded in some fashion - orange dots/stickers.
  2. You love scissors and watching You tube - most likely you are downloading stuff from the internet to burn on cd as well as artwork an then you print and make your own .

:)

@Jventer

Good observations but I actually spent a lot of time re-printing a ****-ton of covers for my own original CDs with much larger text so I could actually read the damned titles. (Age has crept up on me with my vision, hence the need for a bigger screen on the RHS). Also a lot of CDs that were sent to me for review over the years often had promotional types of covers / paper sleeves / Labels with very small text etc so these got reprinted as well. I used a variety of templates to increase the colours, fonts, shading, textures etc to try and make some of them stand out a bit. (They do if you look closely at some of them)

9 minutes ago, Telecine said:

You managed a band.

No, but I was in one.

• Like 3

OK I have given you double your chances by telling you that there is a major clue on pages 2 & 3. So looking at the two pages closely should help you come up with the missing answer, cryptically speaking.

Final bit of assistance.  One of the previous answers regarding a musical issue requires some additional information to enhance the significance of the previous answer/s

Edited by progladyte

1. You like Krautrock or at least one song by the German group Can

2. You are a fan of Jaki Liebezeit and play percussive instruments

3. You write music reviews

4. You are not a three metre tall tomato, although if you keep nibbling on that Dynamic Lifter, you might be. Better to use that in your nice garden.

5.. You like Prog rock

6. You are a Commissioner for Declarations (Cdec)

7. You like to travel in your caravan, read books and have been known to Plank.

8. You have a dog.

9.. You were a member of the group Hunters and Collectors

10. Your first name is Greg

I'll take the Mrs Mills autographed CD with her in the see through bikini if still available please.

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 2