Hi Guys,

I got Klipsch reference premiere speakers and planning to go 3.1.2 set-up.

Will this worth 3.1.2???

Can anyone recommend a good cost to performance AVR please..

I am happy for pre-loved AVR/Demo/new as long it can support 4k and Dolby Atmos .

Thank you

if your looking for an atmos set up you really need to have at least the 5.1 lower level of sound usually at ear level, then atmos speakers form the upper sound level.

why would you not have the surround channels in place?

• Like 1

Thanks @hopefullguy

Just not want to.spend.more money on speakers just want to.use my rear speakers for.atmos 

Changing my 5.1 to 3.1.2

But i was not aware 3.1.2 not possible

i didnt say you cant do it, just never heard of having 2 atmos but not having surrounds.

you reeally dont have to spend much on atmos speakers if you already have 2x klipsch book shelf just use them as surrounds and buy 2 2nd hand speakers for atmos. dont need to buy klipsch or any expensive speaker. 2 book shelf will do.

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/why-cant-bookshelf-type-speakers-be-used-for-atmos.114761/

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/can-i-repurpose-back-surround-speakers-dolby-atmos

Edited by hopefullguy
  • Thanks 1

I have an older Pioneer AVR that can do 3.1.2 but as @hopefullguy says - why would you ?

You already have the 5 in place - go and buy a pair of $50 in-ceiling speakers and a 2nd hand AVR for a couple of hundred.

If you don't want to or can't cut holes in the ceiling buy some bookshelf speakers and screw a couple of hooks into a ceiling joist and hang them from the ceiling.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, niterida said:

go and buy a pair of $50 in-ceiling speakers an

It's a rental property, so no ceiling speakers..

Edited by Drunken Monk

ok if its a rental then looks wont matter so much so improvise. you can mount 2 book shelf speakers on top of your front towers, angle them up to act like the bouncy speakers people buy.. or just buy some cheap pioneer bouncy speakers.

or you could make 2 tall stands, paint the same colour as the walls so they blend in, sturdy bases of course and mount 2 books on top, angle them down to the listening position.

not much else you can do except set up the 5.1 system correctly so it gives the great sound a simple 5.1 can give. i did in my small room and its very good using a miss match of gear.

• Thanks 1