Amplifier recommendations for: Klipsch RP-600M?

Hi SNA,

Trying to gather some (obviously subjective) opinions on the 'best' amp for the Klipsch RP-600M!

Budgetwise I'm thinking less than $1K AUD, for a PC setup. Small form factor is a bonus but if size is worth it i will look for ways to manage. In terms of power - i don't think i'll need much, especially since the klipsch are pretty efficient. Although i'm not sure of more power reserve (eg 50w vs 100w) will produce a different sound? (even at low volumes)

Existing amplifier: Emotiva A-100
Existing DAC: Topping D10s (connected to PC via USB)

Requirements: Subwoofer output - although i'm not sure if this also comes in the form of 'pre-out' RCA jacks? 

I have borrowed a tube amplifier from my dad (RRP excess of $1k is what i'm told), and it takes away the high end klipsch kick (imo) and i can't say i really like that :(. Although I would say it improves everything else, i have found myself switching back to the A-100. 

but what i'm seeking is a more detailed/richer sound. 

at the moment i'm interested in the cambridge audio CXA80, but have heard good things about;

- IOTAVX SA3

- atoll in30

- NAD C316BEE

Thoughts?

Cheers all.

Edited by chewstation
  • Like 1

I would add to audition list Rega Brio and ncoreP252 - you can use your PC for volume control. 

You can add RCA splitters to DAC for subwoofers. 

Rega needs subwoofers that can use speaker's connection.

If you need analogue preamp then Schiit Saga or stereo coffee. 

Saying that, most of the time upgrading speakers is more beneficial. 

Hey I'll join in on this too, I have the same speakers (as per our previous thread, @Chewstation)

Looking at the Brio, and thanks Irek thanks for the intro to the Aussie Co, March Audio, not many reviews about them, have you seen any?

• Like 1

Oh no, so you got the a new amp yet it's still not sounding any different?

This review below convinced me on the Modi.

Also give it time... New stuff does take a while to settle in, and I found my refurbished amp and  speakers took a couple of weeks to get running optimally.

Are you using tidal for your music?