How to shut down stand buy power

• 1 month later...
Guest Old Man Rubber

Bunnings sell power boards that have a "controlling" input on them - they completely power down all the other outlets unless the device that is "in control" is switched on.

I have mine set up so that the receiver being powered on switches the other outlets on (TV, media players etc) but there's no reason why you couldn't have the controlling power being the TV i.e. when the TV is brought out of standby, it allows power to the other gear.

This isn't the one I bought and has an extra function (using some app called Grid Connect) - pretty much the same idea though.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-5-outlet-powerboard_p0074830

1 hour ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Bunnings sell power boards that have a "controlling" input on them - they completely power down all the other outlets unless the device that is "in control" is switched on.

I have mine set up so that the receiver being powered on switches the other outlets on (TV, media players etc) but there's no reason why you couldn't have the controlling power being the TV i.e. when the TV is brought out of standby, it allows power to the other gear.

This isn't the one I bought and has an extra function (using some app called Grid Connect) - pretty much the same idea though.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-5-outlet-powerboard_p0074830

The CABAC equivalent is also very good (I use a few of them) and they can be had at discounted prices these days too:

1 new message (toolsandgear.com.au)

Thanks guys l will definitely look into this and sort something out. 
I bought my AV 2 years age and never out the box until recently.

The problem was that after l turned everything off and the AV was in standby it was staying hot like fry eggs on top of it hot lol. So l was turning of the power at the socket. 
l have since found out that the unit does not change over functions properly ie when I turn it to Blue Ray there is picture but no sound if l turn power off and back on it’s all good . The same thing happens when I turn of the AV after watching a movie , it does not shut down and although it looks like it’s in standby it’s actually still pumping power and that’s why it’s still red hot , so l have to turn the AV on and off until l here it click over and shut down properly and it then cools down. 
Although it only been used a couple of months l think the warranty is long gone due to it being over 2 years old. 
Thanks again guys for your help