SOLD: FS: Denon DL103R MC Cartridge - Like New

SOLD
Item Condition: Like New
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: WA
Payment Method: EFT, PayPal (+fees)
Reason for selling: Never used

Further information:

The DL-103R is an updated version of the classic DL-103. It provides improved sound by using 6N copper coils wound with precision to the cantilever shaft. Audio lovers will delight with detail that is brought out by this outstanding phono cartridge.

There are numerous glowing reviews about this cartridge, and to quote a few -

- "Completely organic to the point that leaves breathless on the first! It’s the key to the longevity of this cartridge"

- "The Denon DL-103R is one of the few components I’ve experienced that truly serves two masters. In more modest turntables (Rega P3, SL1200, etc.), it goes a long way at making up for the shortcomings of low-budget records. Yet it also performs incredibly well in fairly expensive turntables.... Whether you use the Denon DL-103R as a primary or secondary cartridge, I guarantee you will enjoy it."

- "Denon DL-103 is one of the best buys in the price range. It plays everything, and does it excellently with a large, open, and transparent sound image. Good dynamic control and fast transient response make it a small firework on the turntable. A good choice with a varied record collection, especially if the focus is on acoustic music, and especially on jazz and classical."

I bought this DL103R about 15 months ago but never got around to fitting it to my turntable as I listen primarily to digital.  The person I purchased it from said the cart only had 12 - 15 hours of use, so this one will give you many years of listening pleasure.  This was the original advertisement (and I have re-used some of the excellent pictures) -   

There is a cult following for the Denon DL-103R and they are also potted into solid aluminium or wooden bodies to further enhance their performance.  I didn't want to do anything quite so extreme, so I purchased a milled aluminium "cap" that offers almost the same level of performance improvement & this is also advertised -

FS: Aluminium Body for Denon DL103 Series Cartridges 

Photos

1617642116_Denon103R.JPG.ab818e4c5fcaa579cd9d04ed7c0a47a0.jpg

Bx.jpg.3f847c9b1c3581c61174a9a0c263fc80.jpg

1010454159_Denon103Rtip.jpg.d8ad5a4bada9be8b66d22b0658d6c38f.jpg

photo1.jpg

Edited by mivarpet
Added link for related ad
  • Like 1

Hi 

these are simply amazing musical cartridges that sound like real instruments, and not hi fi, which is the biggest compliment for any piece of hi fi gear - fantastic buying here.

I had one of these for years - my new cartridge (AT ART9) is triple the price of a new 103R , it is better, but to be honest also demonstrates what ridiculous value for money these are -  buy with confidence. I would have another one in a heartbeat.

cheers 

• Like 2