Focal clear vs focal elex

What do you find is the difference between the focal clears and the focal elex?

Are the clears worth the extra $

Addicted to Audio 32 of the 52 weeks in a year.

1499 at the moment for the Pro version I think. Give it time, it'll drop back down.

To late, just ordered the clear pro.

Hopefully they are worth it over the elex.

I like that the clears are only 55ohm, means they pair well with the chord mojo.

Nice :)

It's a good headphone. Only thing maybe look in to is a different cable, stock ones bit meh functionally.

Some don't mind then with leather perforated pads on them too.

For now I'll probably make do with the stock cables. 

My desktop amp is the klipsch heritage amp, i bought the klispch hp3 headphones to pair with it. I really disliked the headphones, sent them back. The amp is nice, little warm, hopefully it pairs well with the clears. 

Now to sell the focal elegias and elex to make some money back for the clears. 

10 minutes ago, sakabatou said:

Ah @Bengineer! you forgot the 1st rule! Always check the classifieds

I shouldn't have to!

Anyone comfortable with used headphones should be checking classifieds first!

• Haha 1
On 12/02/2021 at 6:46 PM, Clint37 said:

To late, just ordered the clear pro.

Hopefully they are worth it over the elex.

I like that the clears are only 55ohm, means they pair well with the chord mojo.

Please post your comparisons, would be interesting to read your thoughts. Just remember to run them in first. All Focals can be quiet "edgy" to start with.

37 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

Please post your comparisons, would be interesting to read your thoughts. Just remember to run them in first. All Focals can be quiet "edgy" to start with.

I did some comparisons. I haven't run the clears in yet however. On first listen they sound similar. Once i really got into my test tracks it's clear the clears are a much more confident sounding headphone.  Everything is tighter, cleaner and smoother. In particular the mid range which is really pushed forward on the elex and can sound to aggressive. The clears mid range complement the presentation and sound much more pleasing. The clears image better and fill the 3d space, the elex are more just left and right sounding. From my limited testing i would say the clears worth the extra $, especially if you can get them on sale, for $1200-$1500. They come with the case and extra pads, the elex don't. Also, the elex is very creaky, the clears seem sturdier and look that little bit nicer.

• Like 1