TIDAL Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Birdy1062 said:

im in contact with them, till now they just proposed to restart my iPad (same same obviously) and asked me iOS and tidal app version....

waiting for further help....

Did you show them screenshots also ?

Hopefully one of them at Tidal Support owns an iPad, so it should be really easy for them to reproduce the issue.

4 hours ago, rand129678 said:

Did you show them screenshots also ?

Hopefully one of them at Tidal Support owns an iPad, so it should be really easy for them to reproduce the issue.

I did, also from my iPhone, where the display is as it should be 

• Love 1

I haven't had a chance to do any testing. Wouldn't you know my internet connection has died with no sign of a fix any time soon (good work Telstra!)

I will be making the switch to 5G home internet over the weekend so may be able to give it a go then. 

• Like 1

Finally solved!

Took some emails back and forth as they didn't seem to understand the problem and I had a feeling they were just keeping me on the line ....(very politely but still....)

Anyway, what I did:

-delete the app (had done this already but without step 2)

-restart Ipad

- reinstall the app

Problem solved

Hope it might help others

Just now, Birdy1062 said:

Finally solved!

Took some emails back and forth as they didn't seem to understand the problem and I had a feeling they were just keeping me on the line ....(very politely but still....)

Anyway, what I did:

-delete the app (had done this already but without step 2)

-restart Ipad

- reinstall the app

Problem solved

Hope it might help others

In the mean time I just realized that the app has been updated 2 days ago from 2.20.0 to 2.21.0..... so it's probably just that....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Birdy1062 said:

In the mean time I just realized that the app has been updated 2 days ago from 2.20.0 to 2.21.0..... so it's probably just that....

I thought I'd try this before deleting and it did the trick!

Good to hear it's back to normal for you too now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spotify does the same, it makes sense in a compilation where not every song is available so at least you know its meant to be in there

it can be a streaming in general thing for an artist/group like Tool up to a year ago or  even an Australian thing - i had some cheesey Michael Bolton Christmas songs in a playlist but they were blocked out, i happened to try youtube and got a messaging saying the track wasn't available to stream in my country - literally ruined Christmas...  

• Haha 1

Yup - it annoys me as well. I found that that songs/albums can still show up in the Tidal Library as it may have been allowed previously but then the rights may have been removed. 

But as wasabijim said - it happens in compilations a lot, but i also found sometimes it happens in reverse, i.e. the song isn't available via the artist (the single or album isn't part of their library) but its on a compilation and can still be enjoyed.

This old-ish article may help explain https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2020-06-17/song-unavailable-music-streaming/12355514

Thankfully Tron Legacy is now available...

Anyone else having issues with Tidal login recently? 

Tried streaming to Chromecast and it would not work, after a few attempts it said my section had expired than logged me right out of it.

Now I cannot login back in? Same on the PC or Android phone app.

I recently tried every combination of connections I could think of to get Atmos / surround to work to no avail. ? 

On 14/01/2021 at 10:21 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Thank you @68premier, did not know there were Dolby Atmos tracks on Tidal.

I got mine working using my Panasonic UB9000 as the UPnP renderer and BubbleUpnp as the Android app which connects directly to Tidal. It has been working without problems while I have been writing this.

Your Oppo 205 works well as a UPnP renderer. I have only trialed mConnect briefly and never tried Tidal with it. Have been using full licensed BubbleUpnp for a while. With Tidal, it works OK, had problems with Tidal cutting off but I suspect it was Tidal having bandwidth issues.

@roachy, there are many multi channel tracks including SACDs DVD-A that use the rear channels as effects. The Tidal Dolby Atmos are mainly that.  Having said that, these are not bad:

- Live at the Ryman: Justin Moore 

- Balance: Armin van Buuren

If you are looking for good multi channel music, get the albums from this list

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/TabbedPollChart.htm

Thereb are also some good classical multi channel music from 2L

http://www.2l.no/hires/

Recommend Magnificat album, track 4 is in above link.

Good to hear the Panasonic works. Unfortunately I can't justify the cost of another disc player just for some limited surround sound. I'll probably not bother with it until I need to upgrade or replace some kit. 

Thanks for the feedback all

Have you tried the BubbleUpnp App?  Please note that you have close the mConnect App, otherwise it will block UPnP access.

I can connect and play Tidal to my Panasonic player, old Oppo 103 (which must be wired) and my Arcam AVR.