SOLD: FS: Luxman L-550A II

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Glenbrook
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal + 3%, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Regrettably selling my main rig as I need to downsize for an apartment.

This Luxman when combined with my Martin Logan electrostatics proved to be the best sound quality I've achieved, finally equalling the big dollar system that I've auditioned ML's with at the shop.

The only mark on it is where the plugs on the speaker terminals have been unsuccessfully removed, they seem to have been glued in and still don't allow banana plugs once removed, you can however fit them from the sides although spades would be ideal.

You rarely see these for sale, they  have a timeless look & a real presence when listening to music and watching the decibel meters.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

Screenshot_20210209-094301~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094319~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094323~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094327~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094331~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094352~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094347~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094343~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094339~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-094335~3.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Do the speaker terminals have a centre pin which prevents the banana plug from being inserted?  If so, you should be able to use 'sawtooth' banana plugs.

GLWTS - beautiful amp!  :thumb:

This amplifier can accept any type of cable termination . Unlike Accuphase which does have the pin. I have used all types of banana plugs, locking, sawtooth etc and (god forbid ) spades and bare wire.

Hmmm, now do I need another one of these?:lol:

• Like 3

If only this unit was in SA I’d be knocking on your door.

As for the plugs, er, just a thought, aren’t they the locking style terminal that clamps onto the banana plug, if so they appear to be done up tight which would have made the plugs very hard to extract and probably prevent their reinsertion ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rantan said:

This amplifier can accept any type of cable termination . Unlike Accuphase which does have the pin. I have used all types of banana plugs, locking, sawtooth etc and (god forbid ) spades and bare wire.

2 hours ago, JB82 said:

The only mark on it is where the plugs on the speaker terminals have been unsuccessfully removed, they seem to have been glued in and still don't allow banana plugs once removed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ratbob said:

Aren’t they the locking style terminal that clamps onto the banana plug, if so they appear to be done up tight which would have made the plugs very hard to extract and probably prevent their reinsertion ?

Hmmmm I'm not familiar with that...but I'll be trying it when I get home.

Interested. 240V ? Please explain a bit more about '' they seem to have been glued in and still don't allow banana plugs once removed, you can however fit them from the sides although spades would be ideal ' ?

4 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

My hi-fi purchases have exploded post-divorce.  The gift that keeps on giving...  ?

? That's where all my boxes of Hi-Fi gear came from lol....but then again I had a house & now I'm moving into an apartment, so maybe it would have been cheaper just to put up with her ?

• Haha 2