Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide
State: SA
Payment Method: Cash, Bank deposit, PayPal as friend
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Further information:

Usher Dancer Mini Two DMD
in excellent condition with manufacturer’s boxes for both the main speakers and the detachable cast iron plinths, spikes and floor protectors, covers for mid-low woofers, brass speaker terminal bridging (if not bi-wiring or bi-amping), unused white cotton gloves etc. RRP is $7499 but these speakers perform well above that price point and in my view better than some of their much larger and more expensive siblings. Purchased from an SNA member when in Perth in 2018. Selling because of an upgrade opportunity and it is time for a change given everything else in the system has changed in the past 2 years as part of this hobby.  

The Usher Dancer Mini Twos are efficient at a rated 90dB @ 1 watt/1m and have a nominal impedance of 4 ohms so they can be driven by a modest power but good quality amplifier. However, they love current as is available with the Krell Class A amplifier that is in the system now. Frequency response is 28Hz to 40kHz (-3dB) so they go very low for two-way speakers with two 7 inch mid-low drivers. Cross-over to the 1.25 inch diamond tweeter is at 2.7kHz. The dimensions are 34cm (W) x 50cm (D) x 123.7cm (H) and they weigh 57.5kgs each including the 19.5kg plinths. Enclosures are walnut with high gloss piano black at the front. The sound is dynamic, musical and quite outstanding so demonstration is encouraged. 

Excellent reviews online including The Absolute Sound, Hi-Fi World, Positive Feedback, and Prairie Audio Man Cave.

Can do a deal for a purchaser on 2 month old Straight Wire Pro Special SC 2.5m biwire speaker cables as recommended in the Prairie Audio Man Cave review. 

Sorry but local pickup only because I can't safely manage boxing the speakers.

I am a regular donor to SNA

Photos:

20201105_155137.jpg

20210201_071143.jpg

20210201_071032.jpg

20210201_071131.jpg

20210201_071154.jpg

20210201_071159.jpg

20210201_071204.jpg

20210201_071212.jpg

• Like 6

OMG!

I live only 15 minutes drive from Kym. The only issue is weight and room space.

Otherwise?

• Like 2

Just now, rantan said:

OMG!

I live only 15 minutes drive from Kym. The only issue is weight and room space.

Otherwise?

They are non issues , compared to mine as tempted to go on a long road trip! ?

• Like 2

These are indeed very good. I remember listening to them when Kym bought them first in Perth and was very impressed.

I helped him pack them then and also on our trip to Adelaide and this is definitely a two man job.

GLWTS

• Like 1

I have the exact same amp stands under my Acoustic Arts Amp.

The perfect amp stand when you cant lift your amp.